News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

11th Northern California Show 2013, November 9

Started by teka-bb, July 27, 2013, 02:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Not that I have made it to the "JKL" yet myself but I predict you will never leave! Give us your new phone number once you get settled in.

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: Russ Kirk on November 10, 2013, 12:52:48 PM
I will visit the JKL museum tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing this amazing collection.

We will be looking for your update on Mo's Mod 1 Picture Phone, including pictures . . .  ;)

PhoneSeeker

I enjoyed the event and one of the many projects I came away with, I was told, was a "Farr" Oak Wallphone. Unfortunately it's missing it's transmitter and any manufacturer's ID markings. The redeeming factor is the wood looks clean and presentable and with a little work it should look great on the wall. It's a cathedral top picture frame style box.

I was hoping one more knowledgeable on this site might be able to provide pictures of a complete "Farr Telephone and Construction Supply Company of Chicago" telephone and company logo to assist me in confirming that this is a Farr and then restoring this one with information. The information in Ms. Dooner's , 1997 "Telephones Antique to Modern" unfortunately has little information on this phone other than to list the company's basic information.

I suppose I'll post another inquiry on the Wooden Phones category of this website also. I don't mean to highjack this thread.

The event was very worthwhile and to those who were unable to attend from far away I hope you have a chance to attend a future Northern California show. I've been going to this one for a number of years now and although the physical size of the meeting hall is small each year I've come away with my finds and have spent hours looking through all the offerings. I've not been able to find the types of specialized finds throughout the rest of the year at my local flea markets, yard sales, and antiques stores that I've been finding here. Also to those wanting to sell old telephone parts and phones there are buyers. The turn out is good. I came away with many purchases. Please bring more parts, phones, books and memorabilia to next year's show. I plan to be buying again then too!  Each year there seems to be a core of repeat seller as well as few additional new faces/tables.

----------------------

EDIT: A more complete discussion, with photos, of Farr wood phones can be found on the forum -> HERE <-