News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Noobie needs help.

Started by Come in Nighthawk, June 01, 2010, 06:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Dan, those "I"s on the back of the early dials I believe are only on the 7A series dials...or early 7 series dials.  Nothing as late as 1961 that I've ever run into...I've never seen anything stamped with both, the numerical month/year AND the Roman Numeral quarter/year on the same part.

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
I wasn't sure exactly what date those numerals appeared, I remembered we had talked about it,  I hope I didn't confuse CIN, but the jest of what I wrote I hope was understandable.
I do recall that we eliminated the I as being first quarter, how did we determine that without a date also stamped onto the dial ?
Below are 2-7A dials one is is dated 10-52, and the other is dated 8-51, and both have the roman numeral "I", I believe these are the dials we were talking about.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

I believe they were the dials we were speaking about.  I believe the I indicates "Indianapolis".  But that belief is based upon the belief that those "I"'s on a model 302 indicate such.  "A" is for Atlanta, "S" for Shreveport and there may be more.  Just something I was told.  In this case where there is a month/year date it would seem that the "I" would not be the quarter of the year but perhaps an indication of where it was manufactured.  Just a guess on my part.