News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Housing screw for Kellogg Redbar...

Started by RotoTech99, April 08, 2015, 08:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

I have a Kellogg Redbar desk set missing the screw that closes up the housing... I know it is a flat head with threading on the end going into the housing, but I don't know it's size or length. It is not threaded the full length, just the end that goes into the housing.

Can someone tell me what that screw's size is?

BTW: I have 2 screws that are nearly identical to the regular screw used to close the Redbar housing that I can use, but I think they are slightly longer. I could use them, but I need the length of the original screw so I will know how much to trim from the screws I intend to use.

david@london

best i can measure this redbar screw, it is 14mm long from the top of the head to the point, and 4mm in width on the threaded part. 10mm in length for the part inside the housing.

RotoTech99

Hi, thanks for the information, I'll use my original screw as a comparison when I have my screws I mentioned cut to length.

Fortunately, they are the same threading, so that part will be simple.

RotoTech99

Good news, I was able to cut off the excess on my longer screw identical to the Kellogg housing screw, and it works well..

A small triangular metal file cut mostly through, then I snapped off the part to be removed and smoothed it. The modified screw does work.

HarrySmith

How about a picture? I would like to see the finished product!

You know we love pictures here ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"