News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

202 cradle removal

Started by Kenny C, July 17, 2010, 06:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

I do not know if anybody sells them. When i was Chicago Old Telephone co we had a local machinist turn some out of Delrin plastic. You might see if C.O.T is still in business in Canada . If you are a member of the collecting clubs , you might try to look up  Richard Marsh in  Hemat Cal.
Robby

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on July 22, 2010, 05:08:50 PM
  When i was Chicago Old Telephone co
Robby
Hey Robby...I just won this on eBay 220638160769. Is this your handiwork? Any idea where I can get some ivory paint to try and smooth out a few marks.....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

That is one of our telephones. All the automatic number cards had the same flaw. We had a local painter paint them .Do not have any touch up paint though.Those sets were difficult to find.
Robby

Doug Rose

Robby...you are right, these are very tough to find without missing pieces or chips in the bakelite. I am prepared to strip it, but would love to see if I could use a toothpick to try and repaint a few of the bad areas and keep it as is. Macthing the paint will be next to impossible considering it has faded over time. It was a steal at $33.....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: rdelius on July 23, 2010, 09:22:19 AM
That is one of our telephones. All the automatic number cards had the same flaw. Robby

What is the flaw in the number card? It looks like there is a little break in the white circle just to the left of top dead centre?

Terry

rdelius

A bad number card was copied and the flaw was never touched up.No photoshop then.
Robby