News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent eBay acquisitions (Just before vacation...)

Started by compubit, June 16, 2015, 08:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

,just got home from my Alaskan Cruise (definitely go if you have a chance!), and have several new acquisitions that hav arrived:

- $2.99 (+shipping) Gray WE 554, including partially removed BankAmericard verification sticker (for purchases above the floor limit of $725, according to th sticker)
- Pink WE 220 rotary wall Trimline phone with AC1 (narrow) base (not pictured)
- Pink WE 2220 wall Trimline phone with AC1 base
- White WE 554 wall (with modular backplate add-on) (not pictured)
And finally:

- Turquoise WE 1500 desk phone. This one had to have come from a smoker's house, as thee is severe darkening of the phone cords and Touch Tone buttons and slight discoloration inside the case. I've included my reference Aqua Blue and Turquoise

Once I get it cleaned up, I'll put the after shot on display, though I'll probably need new cords...

Jim!
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

compubit

That leaves red, yellow, gray and ivory for 1500 sets...

Already have white, beige, green (though darkened to more of an olive shade), pink, aqua blue (birthday phone!), black and now turquoise.  I am debating on doing some case swapping with the gray 2500 set, but the phone has to have the 10-button faceplate (not the 12 with the blanks...).

Ivory and grey are the ones I haven't seen ever... (Frequently, older phones identified as "ivory" turn out to be white - like my 1554 and 1701 phones, as well as many a trimline or 554.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

NICE!!! My favorites are by far the Gray 554 and 1500! What did you get for the 1500, if I may ask?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

compubit

The 1500 was a $45 BIN on eBay that just popped up. As soon as I saw it (and the price), I bought it.  Figured it was Aqua blue, so I'd have some 1500 parts, but then it arrives as a turquoise - with the turquoise "glow" (what I describe as how to tell the difference between aqua blue, yellowed aqua blue, and turquoise).  With shipping it was under $60 - less than the one's I've seen lately (with the true 10-button faceplate).

Jim

WEBellSystemChristian

I'm actually in the process of peroxiding a Gray 500 from '73, and it's working incredibly well!! After only about 3 hours in the UV box, it looks new again!

That gray 554 should work just as well!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford