News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Brass" B mount on eBay

Started by Butch Harlow, April 28, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

I came across this listing this evening Brassish looking B mount with e handset I cannot decide if it's just naked and dirty or if it is brass plated or painted. I guess the photos are just that bad. The description is worse. I did not see B1 stamped in its usual place and the color is so off that I cannot tell what color its supposed to be. Did they make brass plated 102's? Could this be a -6 old brass 102, or is is just a dirty stripped phone body and I should just move along, move along?
Butch Harlow

rdelius

Looks like one of the brass fakes Handset looks ok though

Pourme

That is interesting. Did someone make a reproduction brass 101 body? Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can enlight and inform us?  It looks very cool!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

rdelius

I think it was VTS (Steve Hiltz ) that had them made.Parts  were sloppy and had a poor fit

Pourme

Quote from: rdelius on April 28, 2018, 09:53:17 PM
I think it was VTS (Steve Hiltz ) that had them made.Parts  were sloppy and had a poor fit

Thanks for the info....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

rdelius

While at COT we sometimes had these b mounts gold or brass plated but all the markings were still there

Doug Rose

B1s were never made of Brass, here are two that are totally stripped, The bases are a different color, but completely stripped....Doug
Kidphone