News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fortress Pay Phone for TimmyNet

Started by c64man, February 07, 2015, 09:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c64man

Found this WE Fortress for Timmy,  A friend had it in his basement.  Wife said it had to go.  So here it is  Paid 150 bucks for it.  Drove 1.5 miles to get it :)

Untitled by slandon110, on Flickr

c64man

A friend of mine who works in ewaste called,  He said come by and see what I have for computers,  then he showed me this phone.  His wife said it had to go.  So for less then 200 bucks I ended up with this for Timmy.  It has no keys and is full of quarters.  Hoping at the phone show someone will be able to help me get it open.   It might be COCOTS,  going to hook it up to the PBX tonight and see if I can call out on it. 

Untitled by slandon110, on Flickr

Mr. Bones

Nice score for TimmyNet! Sehr Kuhl!! 8) 8)

I look forward to more detailed pics, when you're able...

I feel sorry for the poor guy that 'had' to sell it. There's countless sites where you can find a wife.

Precious few where you can find a payphone. :(

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

xhausted110

Definitely a COCOT and not WE. That phone style is always a COCOT.
- Evan

ESalter

That's correct.  Definitely not a WE phone.  Probably Protel or Elcotel.  If you're incredibly unlucky it might be an Intellicall.  Either way, your chances of finding keys for it are pretty slim.  Downright zero for finding a vault key.  If you really want it open, start drilling.  You'll have to take the enclosure off of the pedestal to get at the sides of the phone.  It looks like a regular L31 type enclosure, so there are two bolts that hold the bottom of the enclosure to the pedestal from the inside.  They're accessed by removing the wiring access cover from the front and reaching up inside.  Then the enclosure should just lift up and off of the pedestal.  ...Unless they used bolts in the top instead of threaded studs.  If that's the case, remove the light/sign cover and you'll be able to access those bolts.  If you're confused and would like me to take some photos, just let me know :)

---Eric

dsk

These locks are pick-able but you need room for it. (and time)

dsk

andre_janew

I'd find a way to hook that phone up.  That way if anyone came over and asked to use my phone I could point to the payphone and say, "Sure you can.  I hope you brought plenty of change with you!"

Dave203

Is there a light in the top where it says phone?
I bet that would look really nice lit up :)