"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Tongya Tabletop Payphone TY-006V HAC

Started by TeleDK, May 27, 2016, 04:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeleDK

Hello,

in my payphone collection I have an Taiwan payphone for the US marked used with quater coins.

Typ:  Tongya model TY-006V HAC

Could someone help me with a manual and information about the positions of the lock and the 2 switches on the groundside for programming.

Thank you for help,

TeleDK

DavePEI

Quote from: TeleDK on May 27, 2016, 04:36:08 AM
Hello,

in my payphone collection I have an Taiwan payphone for the US marked used with quater coins.

Typ:  Tongya model TY-006V HAC

Could someone help me with a manual and information about the positions of the lock and the 2 switches on the groundside for programming.

Thank you for help,

TeleDK
Is it similar to this one (sold under various names)?
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TeleDK

Hi,

yes it is not exact the same but similar tto your phone.
What I know is that there are two different companys produced the old main model.
The good old product familiy from japan is from the company Tamura and is named Redphone like in Australia, Japan and Greece.

From Taiwan a part of China is the other company an his name is Tongya. My phone is from Taiwan with the Tongya Logo on the moneyback flip.

I looking information about the Tongya phone, this phone has switches on the groundsite.

I hope the pictures will uploaded.

BR,

TELEDK

TeleDK

Some pictures from Tamura / Tongya payphones around the world

TeleDK

and some more...

TeleDK

the last ones...

TeleDK

I forgott the greece one...

dsk

My American payphones has mechanical coin validators, and our 10 NOK coins work fine when tuning the validator to accept coins with a thickness of the paper wall of a milk box. :-)

dsk

andre_janew

I never knew they had tabletop payphones.  All the payphones I've ever seen have been wall models.

compubit

Quote from: andre_janew on May 29, 2016, 11:03:54 AM
I never knew they had tabletop payphones.  All the payphones I've ever seen have been wall models.

You must never have been in a dive bar - you'll see them on the bar ready to eat quarters after you've had a few too many.   ;)

I've also seen them in many a Chinese restaurant.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

DavePEI

My "Pink Beluga"! Sold under the name Tekcell SD-10.
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

New Zealand PT-1000 "Red Phone"
C*NET 1-651-0001