Main Menu

Bringing Phones Back from the Dead - Notable Refurbs

Started by Doug Rose, May 05, 2014, 06:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I second that emotion....best I have ever seen...Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

That sure was a sad looking phone, but it looks fantastic now!

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

JimH

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on October 23, 2014, 07:22:13 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on October 23, 2014, 06:07:32 PM
I second that emotion....best I have ever seen...Doug
Did you mean "motion"?
I think Christian is too young to remember Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.
Jim H.

Doug Rose

Never too young for Smokey, just not old enough to remember.  When music was music. 60s and 70s was a amazing time on the radio. My kids know good music as they were raised with it always on in the house. ....Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sti_tuBiv5g
Kidphone

Kenton K

WEBellSystemChristian

Even though I grew up listing to Chicago and .38 Special that my parents played (a bit of what my dad grew up with and a bit of what my mom grew up with) I haven't been around long enough to hear 60s/ 70s/80s music straight from the radio, just my parents' favorites, so I don't know the majority of the music that was popular at the time.

I wish music was like that today; I've been growing up listening to rap on the radio. >:(

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on October 23, 2014, 09:10:05 PMI wish music was like that today; I've been growing up listening to rap on the radio. >:(

Buy an AM radio, construct a small AM transmitter, couple that up to a computer that is playing what people today call "oldies" and there you go... :)

Doug Rose

Classic Hits ..... not Oldies. No AM radio needed. All you need is good taste in Music. Cool band out of England you might have heard of...maybe.....The Beatles..they had a few hits.....Doug
Kidphone

wds

Here's an example of removing an awful paint job and revealing nice original paint.
Dave

Doug Rose

Dave...that did you use? I have two "blue" 202s that I want to strip off just the blue. Beautiful job!!....Doug
Kidphone

wds

Just paint stripper, but I moved fast.  As soon as I applied the stripper, I wipe it off so it doesn't get into the paint underneath.
Dave

Babybearjs

hey guys, how about this....  not really notable, but it did come back from the dead!
John

TelePlay

Quote from: Babybearjs on November 18, 2014, 04:38:00 AM
hey guys, how about this....  not really notable, but it did come back from the dead!

Do you have a "before" picture for comparison?

Contempra

Quote from: Babybearjs on November 18, 2014, 04:38:00 AM

From what i see, all that I know is, it seems to be a multi-line for me. I don't have a model like this yet :(.. I can't help you more babybearjs. Nice piece..