News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My New Phone Room

Started by HarrySmith, February 17, 2022, 07:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

We just moved. After 13 years in Coral Springs we moved to Plantation. Only about 12 miles south of where we were. The best part of this move is I now have my own Phone Room! I went from a corner of the dining room table to a workbench in the office to now my own space. Unfortunately in the past 13 years I have amassed quite a lot of phone stuff. I am really shocked at the amount of stuff I have. I do not think my phone room will be big enough to store it all. Pictures of the empty room attached, I will update what it looks like now as soon as I get a picture.

(02-17-22 : Image removed, rotated, reattached )
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Wow Harry really excited for you. Sounds like a nice relocation.

Your space looks a good size (how many ft?) and is a tad ahead of my build (our tiles not quite all laid yet) so am very keen to follow your progress. Happy to share ideas too.  :D

What have you decided to put in there to get all your phones out on display? Is this a dedicated room for phones or will it be your office or/and den as well?

Looking forward to following this project as it progresses, I know you have some really nice phones to display too....
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

Thanks CJ. I did not measure it bit I think it is about 10 feet square. It is just for me and my phones. The desk/office will be in the second bedroom. Unfortunately with all the stuff I have to store I do not think I will have much space to display phones. See attached picture.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Nice room Harry, I can't wait to see some phones in there....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Thanks Doug. There is lots of phones in there. You just can't see them because they are all in boxes!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

time to hang some shelves! that way you can get stuff off the floor!
John

HarrySmith

The room is mostly windows, 3 walls and the 4th is the doorway so no place to hang anything. I will be building some shelves to store the boxes and that along with the workbench will probably take up the entire room.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

For my new room I'm making freestanding shelves similar to these (image below). An easy make and would look good under your windows.
You have a nice bright space there.
:)

HarrySmith

Nice. I am working on something using reclaimed pallet wood.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

good luck with your new room! I've stopped collecting because I don't have anymore room...
John

Quote from: Babybearjs on February 19, 2022, 08:20:00 PM
good luck with your new room! I've stopped collecting because I don't have anymore room...
No, thats the worst, we cant let you quit!

HarrySmith

Got the room mostly set up. Not quite complete but a good start.

< edit 03-11-22 : images removed, rotated, reattached >
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Kidphone

FABphones

Looking good. Quite a bit of work gone into that room and I can see even more cartons to tempt us. Where is that nice stick you got a few years back....  :D

You have a few phones we over here can but dream of. Very nice space and your work desk fits in a treat too.

:)

HarrySmith

Thanks Guys!
I have 2 sticks in the display, circled in red.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"