News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Maroon North on eBay is PAINTED

Started by Doug Rose, February 22, 2017, 05:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payphone installer

Blue North desk phone on ebay at the same time as this one. Spotted this and pulled the trigger. I have had two of these before. It will buff out beautiful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132121722889

Doug Rose

Jim...this has been on a few times, I thought is was painted. Show us some pictures when you clean it up.....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

It definitely looks painted to me. Is that a chip along the rear right edge, and the left side edge?

Also, the picture of the bottom shows black overspray on metal.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: TelePlay on February 24, 2017, 09:09:39 PM
Sold for $48, no last second snipes. Seller and buyer who came is second are off the hook.

Back to the topic at hand. Maybe the seller is not off the hook, maybe.

Anyone notice this phone does not have a ringer? It says "straight line" on the bottom but the ringer mounting hardware is missing and the gongs can not be seen through the vents. Seller does take returns and did say look at the pictures and did say ask questions but I did not catch the absence of a ringer until just now. The ringer may have been harvested for sale by itself or use in another phone.

Any thoughts?

poplar1

Listing was ended early by seller without selling. Relisted along with an AE 40 starting @ $9.95 for the pair.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: poplar1 on March 16, 2017, 06:58:42 AM
Listing was ended early by seller without selling. Relisted along with an AE 40 starting @ $9.95 for the pair.

Ah, missed that. After the $48 bid was placed with a few hours to do, I assumed it sold for that but looking at the original auction bid history, I see the seller ended the auction after the $48 bid was placed but a few hours before the auction ended.

Do you have an eBay link for the pair?

Doug Rose

I hope we all noticed the young lady selling her Father's stuff in in High School. They sell a lot of stuff.  It is a mistake by a very young and enterprising kid. There is absolutely nothing under handed. She knows cell phones. This is a young lady to be proud of....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: Payphone installer on March 14, 2017, 07:29:40 PM
Blue North desk phone on ebay at the same time as this one. Spotted this and pulled the trigger. I have had two of these before. It will buff out beautiful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132121722889

Jim....have you had a chance to buff this beauty. After seeing the one at the CA show, can't wait to see this....Doug
Kidphone

Payphone installer

Nope because it was painted. LOL but I added a base and stuck it with 3 other Norths and sold it to a guy at the antique mall. It was worth the shot just in case. I personally think the colored Norths desk and wall with the colored finger wheels are the best looking of all desk sets. While we are on the subject of the California show I saw a leich clear desk phone on someones table. I have the clear handset for that phone if anyone knows it is that owned that piece. 

Doug Rose

Jim....check with Remco, that is who I got the info from....Doug
Kidphone