News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally my own work area.

Started by HarrySmith, December 01, 2018, 08:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I am finally going to have my own dedicated work area! Most of you are aware through earlier posts that I have been working on the dining room table. My wife finally had enough and said she wants her dining room back. I have been searching local sale sites, Craigslist, Facebook, Offer Up, etc for a work bench. I finally found one! Our second bedroom has been our "office". My roll top desk is in there with some shelves that I have phones on and we had a small convertible sofa in there. The sofa has seen better days so it is gone and my workbench will be in it's place. The bench was a pretty nice used one. Must be barely used, looks great. The top was covered in cardboard so it looks brand new. I added a shelf and a place to mount a wall telephone outlet to test with. I have the next 2 days off so I will be moving all my stuff in. I can't wait to have a dedicated organized work area!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RotarDad

Very nice Harry.  Looks like high-quality and very nice condition.  Now you'll have to be vigilant to keep it neat and clean like it is now.....  :)
Paul

compubit

It looks nice. One of these days I hope to get off the folding table in the basement (and if my nephew moves in next summer, I won't have a choice...)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Doug Rose

Quote from: RotarDad on December 01, 2018, 08:32:25 PM
Very nice Harry.  Looks like high-quality and very nice condition.  Now you'll have to be vigilant to keep it neat and clean like it is now.....  :)
Real Nice Harry...but these are impossible to keep clean  :-[.

I wait until I have the area the size of a phone to work on  until I clean my area. ??? Not as professional as yours, just and old door!...Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

Hey! Nice. I'm sure you will be very happy with that new work bench Harry. Nice job finding that beauty, and I hope you say thanks to your wife for her letting you give her back the dining room table. Have a blast.
Ken
KEN

RB

Nice bench Harry!
every man needs a bench.
weather it is a real bench, or like Doug n myself, an old door!

skyrider

HarrySmith

OK, it took 2 whole days but I got everything moved in and now I am ready to get to work!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 03, 2018, 07:18:09 PM
OK, it took 2 whole days but I got everything moved in and now I am ready to get to work!
Good Deal Harry. It is always nice to have a dedicated work area for telephones. I have created many over the years.
I like to have  a shelf unit next to my phone bench , even if it a small unit tucked under 1 end. It makes it easier to stage projects.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

FABphones

Very nice. Is that a light/magnifying glass combo?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

Good for you, Harry.....it looks so neat and organized. You'll like it way more than the dining room table!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

Great work area Harry. Like Paul & Doug stated, it's tough to keep a work area clear of stuff. You know this. I hope your better than I am at keeping your work area organized :) :)
Gary

HarrySmith

I will try to keep it neat. I have plenty of space. Yes, that is a light/magnifier combo. My old eyes are not great so I need that for close up small work. There is a shelf unit in the corner with stuff I need but not for every phone. The next projects are on the shelf undernath the bench. I added the top shelf for tools I use a lot but not every time. Thanks for all the comments, it was a long time coming. Now I need to locate a chair!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

I like it better to stand. I have had a few chairs never to my liking. What about the dirty work like stripping, staining, etc. my dungeon can get messy fast...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

The dirty work goes outside! Being in South Florida I don't have to worry about cold or snow.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"