News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dracon AT 8762 Impact Tool and blades

Started by paul-f, December 29, 2013, 01:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

The discussion of the 714B tool reminded me of this tool. 

Any idea of the purpose for the 9224 blade (on right)?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

twocvbloke

The 9224 kind of looks loosely like a Krone-type IDC tool's tip, with automatic scissors that trim the excess wire when the tool clicks on insertion... :)

The picture below is of the tip of my BT-branded Krone tool with your picture in the background, it's vaguely similar, but without a better angle on the 9224 tip I couldn't say if the 9224 is meant to work like the Krone design or not... ???

Krone had a different idea for IDC terminals, instead of them being at a 90 degree angle to the cable, they turned the blade in the terminal round by 45 degrees so the blade cut into the insulation at an angle, which apparently provides a better connection with less chance of service degradation due to expansion & contraction of the metals causing a loose joint in the IDC slot, and of course, they had to design their own style tool to accommodate this difference... :)

twocvbloke

Just adding a PDF from ADC-Krone which depicts the difference between their LSA-Plus and 110 IDC terminals... :)

Worth a read, or just good for looking at the nice pictures... ;D

paul-f

Thanks for the photos and catalog.

Here's more detail on the 9224...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

twocvbloke

Yeah, looking at it like that, I think it has been designed to use with Krone type IDC hardware, or at least something very similar... :)