News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 302 Won't break dial tone

Started by WesternElectricBen, June 10, 2013, 02:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Dials are easy to fix, diagnosing faults on nVidia 8800GT graphics cards, now that's hard.... :D

(Guess what I've wasted 4 hours doing today!!!)

That said, on occasion you can cause damage to a dial if you're not paying attention to what you're doing, my radioactive Trimphone dial I managed to cause a fault on by holding the dial assembly wrong an I bent a part out of shape as I was trying to undo a stuck screw, I only noticed I did something bad when I noticed the dial wasn't clickety clacking, and it turned out that the spring that presses the trigger finger against the notched wheel thing was bent out of shape after I had stripped and rebuilt the dial, after some tweaking and reshaping I got it back to normal though, but it was a bit of a pain cos of my not paying attention to what I was doing... :D

Still, it's all a part of the fun of learning, you learn by doing and you learn by making mistakes... :)

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 11, 2013, 01:51:03 PM
Dials are easy to fix, diagnosing faults on nVidia 8800GT graphics cards, now that's hard.... :D

(Guess what I've wasted 4 hours doing today!!!)

That said, on occasion you can cause damage to a dial if you're not paying attention to what you're doing, my radioactive Trimphone dial I managed to cause a fault on by holding the dial assembly wrong an I bent a part out of shape as I was trying to undo a stuck screw, I only noticed I did something bad when I noticed the dial wasn't clickety clacking, and it turned out that the spring that presses the trigger finger against the notched wheel thing was bent out of shape after I had stripped and rebuilt the dial, after some tweaking and reshaping I got it back to normal though, but it was a bit of a pain cos of my not paying attention to what I was doing... :D

Still, it's all a part of the fun of learning, you learn by doing and you learn by making mistakes... :)

Sounds like one of my brothers problems, he builds computers.... Not as fun as phones though...

I see what your saying, if you dont take something into account it makes the progress much harder.

Be