News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Commentary and analysis: 78 rpm record.

Started by Greg G., August 12, 2010, 02:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Got another stack of 78s on my day off and was going through them. I usually only video the keepers, but that meant playing it twice, once to see if I liked it, second time to record it. So I decided to save some time by skipping a step and just record them all the first time around, I can always stop and delete. But even with my eclectic taste and wide range of genre interests, I have my limits. Here's one that didn't make the keepers stack.  My in-depth commentary and analysis are at the end of the vid.

Peterson's Hobo Orchestra - From Frisco to Cape Cod Waltz.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

I like that one, actually.  It's got PEP!   ;D
= DARRIN =

Bill Cahill

Actually, I'd like to have that one... I was enjoying it very much. Let me know if you want to send it, and, we'll work out details.
Any others?
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Kenny C

how did you get your 5302 to do that with the ringer? And was that a standard feature on the starlite? What year is your SUV in the video of your driveway? lol BTW you look WAY different than I pictured you  ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
What do you do with the ones you don't like. Take care of them, many people like what you don't.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

D/P
I dont understand. are you talking about phones or people or white SUV's? lol
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

oh ok i  got you.you are talking about records i usualy keep them i have a place where i can get about any record made in the past 60 years for 0.20 apeice sometimes more sometimes less.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
Sorry, that was meant for Brinybay.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

oh i have a few records one is called

Iron Butterfly

In-A-Gada-Da-Vida.

and one called

Eagles

Their greatest hits.

any one want them?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Kenny I remember Iron Butterfly very well....that song in particular.  I'm going to guess 1967-1968 (without peeking on the web).  I was about your age then, maybe a little younger than you are now.  It's a classic.

Kenny C

im not much for any thing over 1965-65 i have never even played the record.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

I remember it also ;D
Definite classic ;D
Do you know the story behind the title ???
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

Okay, I'm with Kenny wondering how you got that 5302 to ring like you are in jolly old England.  What's the trick?

Nice phone by the way.

And I like the song, it's got a beat and you can dance to it!

Greg G.

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on August 12, 2010, 02:08:15 PM
how did you get your 5302 to do that with the ringer?

That's how the PBX rings any phone when I dial an extension.  An incoming call rings in the normal manner.  It (the PBX) can probably be programmed to ring differently, I've just haven't messed with that part of it yet.

And was that a standard feature on the starlite?

I don't think so.  I think that particular chime was meant as an outdoor ringer you could hook up to any phone.

What year is your SUV in the video of your driveway?

Not an SUV, I drive a 2008 Ford Ranger pickup.  Not my driveway either, that's a small portion of the long, windy driveway where I got that stash of phones in Oregon.  I live in Seattle.  No driveway to speak of, just the ramp to/from the parking garage.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e