News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Thanks

Started by Kenny C, September 15, 2010, 10:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I know this is said alot but thanks to all of you who keep this forum running. Thanks Bill Geurts, Dennis, Dan, Stub, and all of the others. If it weren't for you all my only fully working phone would have been a 1971 ITT 500. I  now have 3 302's ,7 display 500's and lots of parts 500's, a 202, and AE 90,80,and 40, and soon to be one of the greatest phones i will ever own in about a month. i just wanted to say you all are a big part of my life and thanks.

Kenny C.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

Kenny:

Besides the fact that helping someone learn about these old phones and the great feeling one gets from helping someone learn and expand the collection, there is the other factor that you and some others are young.  I feel it is important not only to help someone along, but in the process to help keep the hobby going with younger members.

Compared to all the logic of newer digital electronics, these phones are pretty basic.  That being said, the older electronics and even the mechanical aspects of old time telephony is just not being taught anywhere any more.

Believe me, from my end the rewards of helping someone out are immense!

I am glad you are here.
-Bill G