News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay Western Electric Antique Telephone dated Sept 1930

Started by Doug Rose, February 05, 2011, 01:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I just happened to go on eBay last week when this was listed. BIN for $89 and I went for it. I figured the #2 dial was worth it. I was amazed to find everything was dated 330, even the metal clip on the cords. This is in amazing condition for over EIGHTY years old. I had a grooveless spit cup,I recovered the base, added a blank dial sleeve and that's it. I still have work to do on the cords, so there is a loaner sitting on it right now. I always thought that B1s had short run of 1928-29, but this is clearly dated 330. Notice the 2HB dial now has the fifth termination point for the white of the handset cord. The notchless dial plate has a little fading and a few chips by the ears, otherwise this is like it just came from WE. Paint is just beautiful. I bought it for resale, but that's not happening....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230579045037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Kidphone

Tom B

Tom

Dennis Markham

Another Kidphone find!  Wow.  Good eye, good price, great phone.

Congratulations, Doug.

Doug Rose

The actual cloth handset cord that came with this phone is also dated 3/30. The outside cloth casing was falling off, but the inside wires are great. I want to braid them like the one on it now, but I cannot budge the metal clips. I need to remove one clip, usually I can get a screwdriver in there or worse case cut and add new spades. This guy is eighty years old, anyone have any tips to remove one metal clip without damaging the cloth cords inside?....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Craig T

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409