News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOR SALE: 1957 Soft Plastic Red 500

Started by HarrySmith, February 07, 2015, 10:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Before it goes to eBay I will offer it here. Just finished a nice Red 500. Looks good and works great! One crack, see pictures. It is hardly noticeable, I did not see it until I was polishing the phone and I had it on display for a while. I had to get the right angle to even get it in the picture. I replaced the handset cord because the original was damaged but I will include it. Added a new Red line cord and modular connecting box. Some pictures attached and more here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103483280648956762530/albums/6113304853326070641
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Out of curiosity, how much do you want Harry?

Ben

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dave203

That sure is nice. I love the way it shines  :D

andre_janew

I'm jealous.  It hasn't been listed for long and already got one bid! 

Doug Rose

Kidphone

HarrySmith

Thanks guys. I am hoping for more than 1 bid. I have never started a phone or any item that low. I usually start at what I need to get. My wife thinks I am crazy for doing that! I hope she's wrong!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry...Listen to you wife....I always start a phone at what I will be satisfied with. This is a beauty so I think you are safe....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Thanks Doug, that is my thoughts also. I expect it to go over $100.00 easily.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

andre_janew

It might just do that.  It is already up to $32.75.  I guess people like the red 500s better than the black 5302s.

HarrySmith

Red is always a popular color. That was a major factor in my decision to start it at $9.99
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Sold for less than I expected. Oh well, I will not do that again!
At least it went to a collector who will enjoy it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Sorry Harry....you put a lot of work in it for very little return. eBay can be that way.

I had one on eBay at the same time with grey cords dated 10/55 throughout. it didn't sell so I decided to keep it....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Sorry about the low turn-out on your phone, Harry.  That dreaded "C-word" (crack) can be the kiss of death as far as the value goes.  I've had a few crack while I was in the process of polishing them.  It leaves a sinking feeling in the pit of one's stomach for sure.  Don't give up, just move on to the next one.

Kenton K

I sold a red soft plastic phone earlier and it sold for 36 dollars. It also had a crack in it.