News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vinyl Handset Cords for the WE 300and 400 series phones

Started by Babybearjs, October 30, 2019, 02:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I wanted to ask, as I seem to be remembering that I have a coiled vinyl handset cord that was modified for the 300 series phone that was made some time ago... someone took a vinyl cord that was to a 500 series phone and modified it for the 300 series. OPW has cloth cords for the 3 and 400 series, but the vinyl is hard to come by. has anyone thought of taking the newer hard wired coiled handset cords and changing out the anchors to work on a F1 handset.... or has this already been done? and I'm missing out on it? I have a WE 212 that I just had to put a vinyl handset cord on with a matching (Brown) F1 handset. it works, but what about the rest of the phones.... especially in color... OPW does all their phones with cloth cordage, and my experience with that is the strain relieves fail and come off the cloth... thus the need for vinyl... what are your thoughts on this??
John

RotoTech99

I often take a 500 type handset cord and  change the strain reliefs out for ones to fit 302's, etc.

Sometimes, I will have to relug the leads the leads if they need to be shorter to accommodate space in the handset.

One thing I've seen done with cloth cords is to put a plastic sleeve over the cord where the strain relief goes, then apply the strain relief.
RotoTech99

Babybearjs

sounds good... now if OPW would catch on.... we'd be in business! I hate it when the strain relief fails on the cloth cords!
John