News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let me introduce myself

Started by Lacky30, June 07, 2017, 09:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacky30

Hello everybody, my name is Lazar, or Lacky, and I came from Serbia. I have started to collect vintage rotary phones, from 1930s to 1980s, and for now, I have 30+ of them. I believe that many of you will explain to me more about them, because I am a beginner. Also I do not know the procedure of selling some of them at your auction.
Thanks again to accepting me at your site!
Sorry if my English is not perfect but I hope so that we understand each other :-)

oldguy

Welcome Lazar, good start with pictures  :) we like pictures. I'm sure you will find all the help you need here.
Gary

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: Lacky30 on June 07, 2017, 09:45:40 PM
Hello everybody, my name is Lazar, or Lacky, and I came from Serbia. I have started to collect vintage rotary phones, from 1930s to 1980s, and for now, I have 30+ of them. I believe that many of you will explain to me more about them, because I am a beginner. Also I do not know the procedure of selling some of them at your auction.
Thanks again to accepting me at your site!
Sorry if my English is not perfect but I hope so that we understand each other :-)
Welcome, Lazar.  From what you wrote I see no reason to apologize for your English.  It's better than some native speakers I know.  However if I had posted the message you did I would have titled it "Please allow me to introduce myself...", quoting from the Rolling Stones song "Sympathy for the Devil" from the 1960s just because the phrase still sticks in my mind, not because I feel any camaraderie with the narrator of the song .  :-)

mentalstampede

My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Number, please!

Welcome!  Your English is very good.  We are all here because we like phones. You will find every kind of help you might need, from very simple ideas, links to resources, where to find parts, to very detailed knowledge of telephone workings!  Enjoy!
Stu

Fabius

Добродошли колега телефон колекционар
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Dan/Panther

Lazar;
Welcome to our forum. You will find it quite informative and fun.
you have a great start to a great collection.
Are you interested in American made telephones ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

Welcome Lazar!

Do you live in Serbia or are you in North America or elsewhere? Are your phones primarily from Serbia? Someone will have some idea as to who manufactured them and possible model numbers. Pictures of the base and inside of one or two of them will be of interest to us!

Terry

Lacky30

Thank you all for the nice words! I live in Serbia, and in my collection I have German Siemens telephones from 1930s-1950s, former Yugoslavian Iskra telephones from today Slovenia from late 1940s-1980s, and Pupin telephones from today Serbia from 1950s to 1970s. 90% of them is still functional!  You can see one of them... One friend told me that it is made in may, 1931, in Berlin...

Welcome to CRPF.

Iggy348

Wood working really yanks my chain.

Pourme

Welcome Lazar! I'm only in my second year here, you will love it here.

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Quote from: Iggy348 on September 18, 2017, 11:02:18 PM
Welcome.  I am new myself.

Welcome to CRPF Iggy348

19and41

Welcome and thanks for sharing the pictures!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

Do you guys realize this intro was from June?

And the last time he logged into the forum was July 29, 2017?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"