News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 444 - Right on the money, or over priced?

Started by Babybearjs, March 07, 2018, 02:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

there is a listing on ebay, #112851742478 that is priced for $299.00... this is a WE 444EG that has an adapter on the cord to make it usable on a regular line (I guess). since I started to collect the 400 series key phones I was surprised to actually see on priced this high.... but, not unexpected.. do you think this price is in line with the actual value of the phone, or is it overpriced?  would a 464GG be more inline with a price like this? what does everyone think? I have several of these, all working and some trimmed out in chrome and some in brass... a good investment, or just another phone....
John

Vacuumlad1650

My grandfather gave me one if these that he saved from a house on an Install many moons ago. He (sadly) mounted a 4 conductor RJ-11 telephone jack at the back, so it is only wired to work on lines 1 and 2. I might run a jumper to line 3 if I find a good place to use it.
Research showed me that it is a fairly uncommon telephone. As desirable as it may be, I think that price is a bit high...

My apologies for the dial being removed in the picture...its the only one I have saved on the Cell Phone...
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com

My grandfather spent 40+ years at Illinois Bell. Thanks to him, I'm a nut for real telephones! Another breed of Phone Phreak... D. Lipp, 1938-2018

Babybearjs

working on yours are you??? I think these should range in price between $150-$300 depending on the model and options. the one I saw on ebay seemed a bit high for its model....
John

Vacuumlad1650

Yes, I had removed the dial to service it. Seemed like it had slown down in recent years. Smoother know, and faster. Not perfect, but it made a difference. I will have to take some better pictures of it once time allows.
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com

My grandfather spent 40+ years at Illinois Bell. Thanks to him, I'm a nut for real telephones! Another breed of Phone Phreak... D. Lipp, 1938-2018

Dan/Panther

Are the push buttons clear or solid color ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Vacuumlad1650

Mine is a 440 with black buttons. Sadly the Number card above them is missing.

Not sure if it is significant, but there is a large letter A in the dial card.

Grandpa insists he has another one tucked away somewhere. Ill have to dig for it next time im at the house...
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com