and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 275: WE Mahogany Brown 500 - Ended 04-30-17

Started by TelePlay, April 25, 2017, 01:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Dave

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #275 is 19and41 who with the 2nd entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $340.00 giving him his 7th auction contest win. So a big congratulations goes out to 19and41 for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by 2***l (6 ) who wanted that phone and was the most active bidder of all placing a bid. The phone started at $74.99, received 2 bids in the first 3 days raising the price bid to $76, where it stayed until the last day. About an hour and 45 minutes to go the winner placed a high bid and about 38 minutes later placed another even higher bid. That high bid was enough to fend of two last second snipers who both placed the bids with only 5 seconds to go but neither was high enough to over take the high bid so in the end it was 2***l ( 6 ) who ended up taking the phone home for $340.88. That was a good end for both the buyer and the seller. The auction saw 5 buyers placing only 8 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 275 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

19and41

And a thanks in turn for TelePlay, For holding and officiating these contests.  They are enjoyable and informative.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: 19and41 on April 30, 2017, 09:40:48 PM
And a thanks in turn for TelePlay, For holding and officiating these contests.  They are enjoyable and informative.

You are very welcome and I must say (and I do the standing update after closing out the contest so I don't know until after that), that all of your 7 wins came within the last 68 contests and the last 3 were but 5 apart (265, 270 and 275). And on top of that, each time you win, you just about nail the selling price. Your winning difference percentage is a very low 1.96% so it seems when you are right, you are very right (how's that for a jinx . . .    ::)  ). Only Mr. Bones was a lower percentage and he hasn't won in over 110 contests (hint, hint Mr. B).

Again, congrats on the win.