News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

High volume on new style Princess phone

Started by Adam, April 24, 2014, 12:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Does anybody currently have (or have the ability to put together for a test) one of the newer style Princess phones, model CS2702BMG (like the one below) hooked up to a Grandstream HT-502 ATA?

I have a dark blue one of these, but its volume in the ear piece is louder than normal.  It is not objectionable, but it causes the dial tone to become distorted.  I was wondering if anyone else who uses this set with a VOIP connection also sees this.

I thought the set might be mis-wired, but I could not find any wiring that looked wrong, or any other combinations of alternate connections which made the volume become correct.

I suspect it is because this set is connected to a VOIP ATA, but unfortunately, I no longer have a POTS line to compare it to, and I don't know anyone who has one, either.

Has anyone else who uses VOIP and has one of these sets noticed this?
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Charles

Adam,

I have the identical phone you have. I am running it under ATT Uverse.
I do not have the problem with distorted dial tone. Volume is normal,not exceptionally loud.
The volume has not changed on any of my old phones since I went from POTS to Uverse.

Charles

Adam

Hmm... Still a mystery then.

Anybody in the LA area have a set like this that I can borrow, so I can try it here?  Or, I could bring a Grandstream ATA to your place and we could plug it in there...  (The ATA doesn't have to be plugged into anything except its power cube, an unprogrammed, unregistered Grandstream HT502 still sends dial tone.) (Some ATAs don't.)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Doug Rose

Adam....why not try to swap a handset from one off your 500 sets and see if its still there. Your Princess looks modular. It could be a bad receiver....Doug
Kidphone