"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is your Next Dream Phone?

Started by Doug Rose, August 28, 2013, 06:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod01

Red AE40 was taken down and relisted at $1,049

Dream phone is a reasonably priced WE 305/H4 (302 with ON OFF switch).

I'd settle for a nice H5 case for my 306 base.
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

Dan/Panther

The one I'm looking for is a Lime Green hardwired 500. Either ITT, or S/C. I prefer the ITT. Better construction.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on August 31, 2013, 11:35:29 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on August 31, 2013, 10:22:56 PM
I knew this would be fun!

Maybe the next question would be, which is the phone that has caused you the most trouble/what you want to get rid of?

Ben

For me, that would have to be a Conairphone 2500 that I got at a yard sale for $5. I figured it would be a WE or ITT.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

My dream phone is in a box, somewhere in the dark, deep recesses of my basement. Long forgotten but discovered at the end of a mission strongly encouraged by my wife to clean out those parts for a long time unknown to man. And as I open the last box, I discover a NOS Model 1 Picture Phone complete with packing cases, cables and manuals, and in perfect working order. Yes, that is indeed my next dream phone . . .  In fact, it is my first and last dream phone and it is, and will be,  just that for a long time to come  . . . ;)

Greg G.

Quote from: TelePlay on September 01, 2013, 03:36:07 PM
My dream phone is in a box, somewhere in the dark, deep recesses of my basement. Long forgotten but discovered at the end of a mission strongly encouraged by my wife to clean out those parts for a long time unknown to man. And as I open the last box, I discover a NOS Model 1 Picture Phone complete with packing cases, cables and manuals, and in perfect working order. Yes, that is indeed my next dream phone . . .  In fact, it is my first and last dream phone and it is, and will be,  just that for a long time to come  . . . ;)

Like this one?  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=7975.0
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

MagicMo

Quote from: TelePlay on September 01, 2013, 03:36:07 PM

I wish! Keep dreaming! Yeah, like that could ever happen.
PS. Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot how blessed this year has been.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

Sargeguy

Hmmm...Pushing back the frontier of my phone collection I would have to go with a No. 10 candlestick, a WE 3-Boxer, more recent stuff would be a "Donut" phone with matching subset or a B-1 desk set.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Aaron W. Gonya

Mine should be easy.

A '76 dated yellow Stromberg-Carlson 500 like my folks had when I was a kid.

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 30, 2013, 10:01:46 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on August 30, 2013, 05:31:15 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on August 28, 2013, 06:39:26 AM
What is your dream phone that you are hoping for?

Doug

Kinda like asking me what my favorite song or movie is, there are many that are favorites, but just off the top of my head, a S/C 1211 aka "Tombstone" phone.  Would be even better if I got a good one for dirt cheap.

There is always a phone I want, even with a full house. This is more a dream phone, that is just a dream of finding. A Strowger Stick is just a dream for me, I am a realist....but dreams can come true. Part of the dream is that I can afford it, IF I find it....Doug

I getcha.  Ok then, I'm always fantasizing about finding a 49-500 at a yard sale. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Aaron W. Gonya on September 10, 2013, 09:26:55 PM
Mine should be easy.

A '76 dated yellow Stromberg-Carlson 500 like my folks had when I was a kid.

Close but no cigar, I've got a 79.
- Mike Row
e

GeneGenie

My all time dream phone is an ivory Muraphone. Very hard to come by and rather expensive. But maybe one day, mustn't lose hope!

AE_Collector

Other colours have been found as well haven't they? Do you have a black one?

Terry

Doug Rose

Can you post a picture of the Muraphone?....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 28, 2013, 08:22:33 AMCan you post a picture of the Muraphone?....thanks...Doug

Doug,

I think this may be a Muraphone, not sure, but GeneGenie or AE_Collector could confirm or refute.

GeneGenie

Yes, that's the bunny. Beautiful, isn't it? The only muraphone colours I know to exist are ivory, black and Chinese red. I have neither of them, unfortunately.