News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue Continental Tribute Phone

Started by Pourme, January 29, 2020, 09:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Thanks Gary. The blue and Ivory look good together. The handset is in the process of re painting as I type this.

Yes  Persido those are some beautiful phones! My rattle can paint jobs, sprayed outside, can't compare with that.

Have you done more?

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Benny,,,,,yours came out very nice indeed, my vote it for a matching Ivory handset,

Scott (persido) painted a few phone for me in the past and does an outstanding job.

His blue 202 looks amazing....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Here are two of my favorite phones that Scott painted. The brown is a painted shell with a WE Brown Bakelite handset. Benny, sorry to steal your thread  ::)..Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

~

Not a issue, Doug.

Scott does a very nice job. I only wish I had the equipment and work area to do a proper paint job like that...Love it!

Ivory handset on the way!
Benny

Pourme

~

I have been busy. I repainted both handsets, satin ivory. I'm really pleased with the results.

I was so pleased, I tackled another one, a manual set.  This one is cranberry. I was going to look for a dial for it but, I'm liking the manual look!
Benny

HarrySmith

Cool! Looks like the paint came out great! How did you do the paint this time? I like the manual look also, makes a nice pair.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

~

Thanks Harry. I baked on three coats of a different color of the same Rust-oleum Painter's Touch 2X.

I must admit, they look mighty fine sitting on my desk.

I wish I had a more sophisticated process. I don't have the space to house such tools.

I'm happy with the quality of this paint, though.
Benny

Doug Rose

Benny...outstanding! Love them both.....winners!....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

~

Thanks Doug, I know you like manuals....
Benny

Doug Rose

Quote from: Pourme on February 04, 2020, 05:47:00 PM
~

Thanks Doug, I know you like manuals....
Benny..I certainly do.  That "blue continental" is simply perfect. The cranberry Manual is top notch! Back to back, Home Runs my friend...Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

Benny

Key2871

KEN

oldguy

Another winner Benny. Congratulations.
Gary

Vern P

Just came across this post.  All the phone look great !!

What to add some info about the blue 202.   In a large load of "junk" mostly parts and phone pulled apart years ago. There was a junk 202 base that had been striped on the out side, then the body cut to look like a 201 (way?). But around the cord hole there was blue paint ! Also a plunger with matching blue paint.  The blue matches the blue 302.

I believe this is a factory paint job. Barry Huckeby stoped to visit with me, we talked about colored 202's, he said that he has a 202 with what he believes is a factory paint job, that matches my parts and the 302.
Vern

Pourme

~

Thanks for the kind comments, Key & Gary.

Vern, I see the painted 202's on here and EBAY, I have a Ivory 202 I purchased from a retired Bell employee (pic below), I believe was factory painted, though the dial has been upgraded. I have assumed these were special order phones? They, of course don't have the dial (6D?), clear finger wheel and ivory base cover that was part of the Continental package. If I can find the one I have seen recently here I will re-post it.

BTW, I am going today to look for some ivory material to recover the bases of these phones, as the ones in the pictures are "borrowed" from some of my other Continentals. Does anyone have a couple of orphaned original ivory Continental base covers languishing away in a box somewhere they would be interested in letting go of? Just the fabric, I have the metal base parts.
Benny