News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Disappearing WE 302E

Started by RDPipes, May 26, 2023, 07:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Just wondering if anyone else seen this disappear mysteriously with a bid of $100 on eBay the other day and have any thoughts as the REAL reason it vanished, I know I do.

MMikeJBenN27

It was there this morning.  Maybe he damaged it.  That once happened to me, the cat knocked it off the table.  Sadly, it was not saleable after that.  Forget what got broken.

Mike

RDPipes

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on May 26, 2023, 09:55:17 PMIt was there this morning.  Maybe he damaged it.  That once happened to me, the cat knocked it off the table.  Sadly, it was not saleable after that.  Forget what got broken.

Mike

Mike that would be nice to believe but, sadly I doubt that's what happened.

MMikeJBenN27

He might have sold it outside of E-Bay.

Mike

TelePlay

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on May 27, 2023, 07:46:04 AMHe might have sold it outside of E-Bay.

The probability of that being the real reason is 118%.

Search "statuary bronze" on the forum to find many hits, like this one,

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9937.0

and the images

about the 4 rare "metal" painted D1s and 302s, including topics with phones very similar to this one.

Probably sold this $500+ phone to someone in a side deal for $150. Don't know the real numbers because it didn't go to a natural end on eBay but will guarantee the seller in a moment of telephone market value ignorance left a lot of money on the table.

Buyer got a deal.

Contempra

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on May 27, 2023, 07:46:04 AMHe might have sold it outside of E-Bay.

Mike

... which is quite possible