News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BT Rapport Remote Interrogator...

Started by twocvbloke, June 01, 2012, 03:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

The sound of the name makes it seem like it's something for scaring an answering machine into talking, but, all this thing does is generate DTMF tones, and I finally found mine at long last!!! :D

I pointed this (or a similar one) out in a thread not too long ago, and have been wondering where mine was, and it was hiding in a box under the stairs, so, now I have an option for using my rotary phones with touchtone services, which is handy... ;D

As pictured, it has it's original box, it's pleather case, instructions (in the box, too fiddly to try and photograph), and I thought I'd bought it from a carboot sale, but I didn't I got it for £10.49 on ebay last April... :D

Not much to it really, takes 3x LR44 button cells, has a power switch on the side and just plays DTMF tones... ;D

gpo706

So the "Rapport" was marketed as such, just being a DTMF pocket unit every BT engineer had?

This is great fun with Dictographs BTW...
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

I think why they did that was if the owners of the Rapport answering machine (which I guess it was bundled with) were calling their line, and thus answering machine, from a pulse-dial phone, they could use the device to play messages, or something like that... :D