News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A.E. 186 LED lamp Wiring and Schematic.

Started by Babybearjs, October 28, 2015, 04:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I am restoring a AE 186 rotary desk set. The unit has 6 red LEDs and the associated wiring. I made all the connections as noted on the schematic, although the lamps did not work as wired and I had a solid blue wire left over. is there any documentation from AE explaining the wiring of the LED version lamp strip vs. #51 lamps. I'm also wondering if I need to create a ground buss for all the lamps. when the unit was tested, I could only get the Line 1 LED to work. any help???
John

G-Man

When we replaced a 186 keyset equipped with incandescent lamps with a newer one equipped with leds, we simply plugged it in without any wiring changes.

You should be able to do likewise and wire it to your key system the same way you would with an incandescent model. Your KSU will supply the correct voltage for them to operate properly.

There are several blue-wires inside the set so it is unknown which one you are referring to.

Actually, you should not have any problems with loose wires unless someone has removed them from their terminals.