News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally a Concorde Blue 746

Started by LM Ericsson, August 13, 2015, 12:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

About two weeks ago, I purchased my first GPO 746 in Concorde  Blue off Ebay and thankfully a BIN. The total came to about $73, a little on the expensive side, but well worth the money. I received it in the mail today and unfortunately the box it was in looked mishapen. I had a feeling it did not do too well on its way here to the US. I was right. I found 2 chunks of the housing had broken off, but to my surprise, they broke clean off which means they fit well enough that you can't notice there was any damage at all. This 746 was built in 1978 by Denis Ferranti Meters Ltd., Bangor, North Wales. This phone still has its matching color connection box . I have already started the restoration by gluing the broken pieces back and the housing already looks good as new!
Regards,
-Grayson

twocvbloke

The dial surround ring just needs a bit of a clockwise turn, so that the notch sits over the fingerstop on the dial (yeah, being a touch OCD there!!)... ;D

I've noticed that 746 phones always seem to break on that particular corner, my chocolate brown "Yeoman" 746 case broke on that corner too, not sure why, probably coincidence, or it's just weak on that corner... ???

Owain

Keep it out of the sun or it will fade into dark green.