Cordless rotary Trimline

Started by McHeath, April 16, 2010, 12:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

This is curious:

http://tinyurl.com/y5x34q8

Anyone ever seen the like?

Jim Stettler

I have seen some photos of cordless 500's or 2500's.

They were the same type of set-up.

I think the photos were in some of the telephone books printed by TAB

The Tab books also have some info on early novelty type telephones.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do have an early briefcase style AE rotary Trendline. This phone is auctually a radio-telephone vs a cordless.
Terry was wanting me to post a photo on another thread. I will try to dig it out over the weekend and post a photo.

My Breifcase phone could also be put in a trunk and hooked to a car Cradle for use as a mobile car phone.
High tech and High$ back in it's day.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

I just realized you had a link.
That is a nice looking auction, and the start price is reasonable for the phone . I think it would  work with new battery packs.

That would be a nice phone for summertime BBq's.

I am tempted to bid, but I really need to save my pennies for now.
Jim
You live, You learn,

paul-f

Here's a link to a green one I picked up a few years ago.  I'd like to get a copy of the instruction manual in the auction if one of you wins it.
   http://www.paul-f.com/cp/TeletronicsLime.jpg

I haven't done too much research on it yet.  The internal components certainly don't look like your garden variety Trimline!  The claimed operating range is 300 feet, operates in the 26-27Mhz band at about 12 mw.

They were available in cherry red, white, cocoa brown, ash, lime green, burnt orange, harvest gold, beige, avocado green and black.

Here are some photos I saved from past auctions of similar cordless sets...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Jim Stettler

Paul,
Your green set is even more interesting than the red one .

The first 500 photo is more like the photo's I remember seeing.
---------------------------------
I would ask the seller if he would scan the manual. Tell him you would like to link a copy for historic purposes and would credit it to him.

He might do it for free or for $5.00. It is worth a shot.
Jim
You live, You learn,

paul-f

The seller refused to copy the documentation.  He "may" pass along my request to the buyer.  Did someone in the group win it?

LarryInMichigan

I seem to remember seeing a cordless 500, with a telescopic antenna in place of the line cord, advertised in the late 1970s or early 1980s in the Olson Electronics flyers.  I think that the price was seriously high.

Larry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: paul-f on April 21, 2010, 10:40:32 AM
The seller refused to copy the documentation.  He "may" pass along my request to the buyer.  Did someone in the group win it?

I will scan a copy after I receive the phone (so much for saving my pennies). I am leaving on Wednesday to wander my way to Lyon's NE. With luck, I will find some phones in my wanderings.
It probably won't get scanned until I get back.

Jim
You live, You learn,

paul-f

Congratulations on the win, Jim!  It's good to know it's going to a good home.

You'll probbly have a clear Slenderet housing on it in no time -- or perhaps a Mint Swirl housing!

Have a great and safe trip to Lyons.  I had hoped to go, but family issues are keeping me close to home.  I hope you bring back lots of treasures.