and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first AE40

Started by mienaichizu, May 27, 2009, 09:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Here it is! Cleaned and working

HobieSport

She's a real classic, Ramil!  Are you going to get a base gasket from Gary Goff?  The gaskets on the AE40s seem to make a big difference in keeping the insides clean and dry.

It is interesting that Automatic Electric was in common use in The Philippines before they switched to Siemens phones.  Like many on the forum, I am also very fond of the AE40s, and I like the AE80s also.

-Matt
-Matt

McHeath

Pretty!  They are a very sturdy looking phone, look like they could hold down the desk in a hurricane.  Like that chrome fingerwheel as well.

Cleaned up well, you did a good job. 

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on June 04, 2009, 11:59:00 AM
She's a real classic, Ramil!  Are you going to get a base gasket from Gary Goff?  The gaskets on the AE40s seem to make a big difference in keeping the insides clean and dry.

It is interesting that Automatic Electric was in common use in The Philippines before they switched to Siemens phones.  Like many on the forum, I am also very fond of the AE40s, and I like the AE80s also.

-Matt

I would try first to contact a fellow collector here in the Philippines, yes there is also a collector here, an American residing in the Philippines.  He collects AE phones, the one who has colored AE40's. I have talked to him before and he said he has lots of spare parts for AE.

For what I know, AE was the standard phones here that's why there are lots of AE80's out there in the thrift shops.

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on June 05, 2009, 12:07:22 AM
Pretty!  They are a very sturdy looking phone, look like they could hold down the desk in a hurricane.  Like that chrome fingerwheel as well.

Cleaned up well, you did a good job. 

Thanks McHeath for the kind words. Oh how I love this phone, especially when it rings