News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

McMurdoSilver - Master of "Telephones as an Art"

Started by Dan/Panther, June 25, 2009, 03:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

He has a Picasa album where he posts pictures. He recently posted pics of a nice looking 653 WE phone.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Kidphone

JorgeAmely

I volunteer to work for free in this guy's shop for a few days. Taking the trash out or sweeping floors, I don't care!  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

GG

Yow, speaking of museum-quality!  OK, so 1243s usually lived on farms where they'd pick up all kinds of dust and so on, and never quite looked that good in real life.  But none the less, that shows what can be achieved with effort. 

Now envision that kind of treatment with the metal housing in other colors, and a black handset and dial.  Cobalt blue and pine-forest green come to mind. 

Doug Rose

Well....Frank is back.....BIG TIME!!!!. $717 for a 305. Hoorah!!!

http://tinyurl.com/cq6x6s2

Kidphone

Doug Rose

Just a meticulous refub. I am not a real big fan of the finger print leaving finish, but Franks phones are truly tough to beat. His pictures are top notch as well. Somehow he always gets top dollar for his phones. This is just a beauty!...Doug

http://tinyurl.com/brsnhhz
Kidphone

AE_Collector

He has your cut away finger wheel on that one too!

Terry

HarrySmith

Yes, all his items are absolutely georgeous! I would never own one, they are works of art, not telephones!
I have asked him how he gets that shine on the bakelite F'1s but he never answered me.

In picture number 5 is the right plunger chipped on the top edge? Also visible in another photo further down that is not as close. I think we need to tell him his meticulous attention to detail is slipping ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE_collector on November 12, 2012, 11:51:01 AM
He has your cut away finger wheel on that one too!

Terry
Terry....I thought that too, but I haven't sold him any....... at least that I know of. I had 25 of them and only have two left for sale. I kept three and sold the rest. It was a real great find. I think they are just the coolest WE add on....Doug
Kidphone

AE40FAN

That looks better than new!  I wonder if he sprayed it with some kind of clear coat? 

Just4Phones

I agree with Harry.  I bought a 5302 refurb from him and it was a beauty don't get me wrong but it just didn't look like a "real" phone.; I wound up selling it.  I am a big fan of mint condition phones but an old phone should show some age.

baldopeacock

Quote from: AE40FAN on November 12, 2012, 06:24:22 PM
That looks better than new!  I wonder if he sprayed it with some kind of clear coat?  

He says not so in the listing.   He also says it's painted in lacquer.   With a careful wet sanding and polishing, lacquer looks this good.   Lacquer doesn't look like this when it's sprayed, though,  it's the sanding and polishing afterward that brings up this kind of smoothness and shine.   It was the finish of choice for show cars before urethanes came along.

Doug Rose

Nobody does it better than McMurdosilver...Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221289423691
Kidphone

TelePlay

Started at $9.95 and is currently over $1,400. A very nice restoration indeed, and well listed as well!

Sold for $1,449.00.