Tom B

Hey Doug
Its blue.... never gonna be a lamp lol ;D
Tom

Doug Rose

Quote from: Tom B on January 08, 2011, 06:42:57 PM
Hey Doug
Its blue.... never gonna be a lamp lol ;D
Whoa....real good news, I though you might have been unpleasantly surprised when you opened the box.....good news....Doug
Kidphone

Adam

Quote from: masstel on December 26, 2010, 08:06:36 PM
Listing said it was green.  I know it looks blue in the photo, but I also bought one that really looked blue in the photos but listing said it was green and when it arrived it was green.

Glad I was wrong!

:-)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Tom B

Just stripped it down and I'm really feeling pleased - everything is 5/56 apart from the dial which is 7C 57 4/56. Totally original phone - no refurb adds, and what a fat arse handset cord- Lucky or what? I'll post before and after pics when I start work on it. Tell you what though - super cheesy smell from the phone ;D
Tom

HobieSport

Awesome find, Tom. Congrates! I actually dreamed of finding a med blue 500 last month. Then I woke up. Sigh.

-Matt
-Matt

Tom B

Here are some photos of the Med Blue 500 after a quick clean and polish with the Novus 2 - I'll attach the ebay listing photo and then some taken this week. I wa surprised just how good the condition of a 55 year old all original phone is - see what you think....
Tom

Tom B

And now---- ;)
Tom

Tom B

A couple more
Tom

Tom B

And one more - with the Med Blue's 1956 mint condition 7D 3 mate
Tom

Kenny C

:o :o :o WOW that is a nice phone and an even nicer job of cleaning! looks like you have some nice phones in the background there too. Does that AE 80 have a date? I know most didnt but I got one that did.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Tom B

Thanks Kenny ;)
Do you mean the SC 1543? At first I thought it was dated but it seems to be some sort of serial number  which is 6 47 all the way through the phone.
Tom

Doug Rose

Great job Tom! You should be very proud of it....Doug
Kidphone