News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Contest #2

Started by HobieSport, March 26, 2009, 04:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

The challenge:  Name the movie title of this movie clip before the end of April 2009 and win a decent vintage rotary telephone.

I haven't decided yet on which phone will be the prize.  Next week my GF is going to Japan so I'm planning to bring all my phones together then for a photo shoot for the forums' Virtual Gallery.  I'll also decide then which phone will be the prize and post it here, with pictures.

I will pay for shipping of the prize within the US, but would need to share shipping costs outside the US.

The movie itself is a pretty good movie, though not very well known.  The clip here is not manipulated other than a little bit of cropping. (And that pesky cursor arrow.)

Here's the clip.  I'll give hints later if needed.

Good luck everyone! :)

-Hobie

Bill Cahill

If you are talking about the link movie, that sounds like "A christmas story" to me.
That talks about the fable special prize Ralph's father won.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Matt;
Maybe remove the link to the previous contest. It's a little confusing.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

It's a Wonderful Life.

mienaichizu

I have no idea where that clip comes from ???

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther
Matt;
Maybe remove the link to the previous contest. It's a little confusing.
D/P

Okay, D/P, I removed the link to Marks' original contest in January.  Apologies for any confusion. :)

Nope, Heath, it's not "It's a Wonderful Life".  The movie, while quite good, is not that well known.

rp2813

I'm not getting it.  Is there a link to a film clip that provides a clue?  I don't see any link displaying.

Ralph
Ralph

HobieSport

Hi Ralph,

The film clip is at the beginning of this thread.  I'm not giving any major clues until late in April before the contest ends if nobody has guessed.  I will say that the film is in black and white, is a good flick but not very well known, and is from the early 1950s.

I still haven't decided what phone will be the prize.  Probably a decent older WE500 or an AE40 that needs a little TLC.  I will pay for shipping in all 50 US states but would need to share shipping costs outside the US.

Good luck everyone! :)

-Hobie

McHeath

Bridge on the River Kwai

And this makes my 1000th post!  Scary scary.  I'm catching up to you D/P, better watch yer back! ;)

Now if I'd only said something of value in all those posts...

contraste

Is it Out Of The Past (aka Build My Gallows High here in the UK)?

McHeath

I need a hint!  My old movie radar is weak.

HobieSport

Okay, here is a hint.

Notice the bandage.

There has been in some kind of accident, and the lead actor is reaching for a telephone...

-Matt

bingster

= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Quote from: bingster
Double Indemnity

Nosir.

Another hint: The film was released in the early 50s.

Steve

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.