and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Contest #2

Started by HobieSport, March 26, 2009, 04:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

contraste

Way to go Bingster!

bingster

Thankee, thankee, thankee.  I'll take one of those Western Electric wall phone prototypes with the E1 handset.  Thanks! :P
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Holy Good Guesses Bingman!  I was clueless no matter how many hints there were. 

Steve

WAY TO GO BINGSTER!
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

HobieSport

Bingster, here is a list of prize phones for you to choose from.  None are refurbished:

Many black WE 500s from the 1950s, but I want to keep any pre-1955 500s.

WE 302s, metal or plastic.

WE 354s.

AE40s, standard black with no chrome trim, as I only have one of the chrome ones to keep.

A PTT Ericsson Ruen.

AE 80s, black with metal dials.

So let me know your preference and I'll ship something off to you. 8)

HobieSport

Quote from: bingster
Thankee, thankee, thankee.  I'll take one of those Western Electric wall phone prototypes with the E1 handset.  Thanks! :P

I'm afraid I threw that WE 1931 cut corner wall phone out.  The style just didn't appeal to me.  It just looked so..."dated". ;)

BDM

Quote from: HobieSport on May 17, 2009, 01:02:34 PM
Quote from: bingster

I'm afraid I threw that WE 1931 cut corner wall phone out.  The style just didn't appeal to me.  It just looked so..."dated". ;)

I agree! I also threw out a W.E. model I considered junk. The A1 mount. I mean c'mon, it's just a cut down stapled together stick phone. Then someone had the bad taste to throw a handset on it :-\ ::) ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Greg G.

Quote from: HobieSport on May 16, 2009, 03:45:40 PM
8)BINGO FOR BINGSTER! 8)

"Phone Call From A Stranger" is absolutely correct.  Good movie, too.

Watch the movie for free here if you have a fast web connection:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045029/

I added it to my Netflix que.  While I was at it, I did a search for movies with "phone" in the title.  In a round-about way, I came across this on Youtube:

The Fairy of the Phone (1936).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDStLml4mYA
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HobieSport

Brinybay I hope the Phone Call From a Stranger movie doesn't disappoint.  It's not exactly an uplifting or terribly entertaining film, but it's well done. I watched "The Fairy of the Phone" and got a few good, subtle, British laughs out of it. :)