News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Uh, Oh. Another WE 500!!!!

Started by Bill Cahill, October 01, 2008, 06:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

Well, today, ebay sent me a notice there was a one day buy it now sale on a WE black desk phone.
I looked at it, logged in, and, bought it.
8.95 plus 11.72 slow shipping. I asked for faster shipping at my expense, but, haven't received a reply, yet.
I'll show pictures after I receive it.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

It kinda scares me how cheap you get these phones.  Are you sure you're not using some sort of sinister power?

Bill Cahill

:D Eh, could be...........  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

Well, had some little problems with original  500, but, got her working. I'm having trouble getting my just won one, He keeps claiming I owe him more money. He was totally paid....
I see trouble ahead.... ::) :(
Bill Cahill

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill Cahill on October 06, 2008, 12:08:14 PM
Well, had some little problems with original  500, but, got her working. I'm having trouble getting my just won one, He keeps claiming I owe him more money. He was totally paid....
I see trouble ahead.... ::) :(
Bill Cahill

Are you talking about an eBay purchase?  Did you pay by PayPal? 

Bill Cahill

Yes to both questions.
>:(
Bill Cahill

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill Cahill on October 06, 2008, 04:37:44 PM
Yes to both questions.
>:(
Bill Cahill

Well then, it seems to me that you've got'em by the... you know.  ;) 

Bill Cahill

I sent the guy three messages about shipping charges. He kept on insisting I give him eleven dollars more for priority mail.
I said that was very high. I asked for a fair rate. No repley.
Then, this evenning, I received an e mail from pay pal that he had shipped the phone parcel post.
I'm thinking of leaving negative feedback. What you guys think?
Bill Cahill

BDM

Bill, if it shows up in one piece, forget it. Ain't worth it. Just move on unless a real wrong has been done. Was he ethical? No! But why let this guy, who'll never effect your life in any other way. Ruin your day? Just my two cents.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Sounds like he tried a bait and switch.  The proof will be in the pudding when the phone arrives.

BDM

Speaking of 500 sets. darn you guys!! I went and bought two more ;D I've never had a real strong interest in them. But, I'll be checking dates and such next time I strut by one at a flea market or yard sale.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Bill Cahill

Quote from: BDM on October 06, 2008, 11:26:47 PM
Bill, if it shows up in one piece, forget it. Ain't worth it. Just move on unless a real wrong has been done. Was he ethical? No! But why let this guy, who you'll never effect your life in any other way. Ruin your day? Just my two cents.

Thanks. I will do that. Poeple like that used to ruine my day. It just isn't worth it anymore.
Dan, you were right. Why let people ruine my days. You and, BDM think alike.
I guess what they say is true about great minds think alike.....  8) ;D
Bill Cahill

McHeath

QuoteSpeaking of 500 sets. darn you guys!! I went and bought two more Grin I've never had a real strong interest in them. But, I'll be checking dates and such next time I strut by one at a flea market or yard sale.

That's the spirit!  Rescue those poor 500s from Landfill Heaven!  I always check the date on them when I walk by, looking for that mythical 1949 stamp.  Found a real odd duck at the local junk shop over the weekend, it was a yellow 500, modular cords, late model handset.  So no big deal right?  Turned it over and it's got a black painted bottom and leather footies, and they wanted 3 bucks for it, ah the thrill of the chase...

BDM

I received the new 500 phone today. Nice shape. Needs a good buffing out. 6 hole receiver cap. Bakelite handset. Marked 10/53 C/D. I do have a marked 51 set. But that's somewhere in storage. I admit, I would love to find a marked 49 set.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath