News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Yard Sale Find I want to Cry

Started by Doug Rose, May 20, 2017, 01:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Nickel appears to be perfect....completely gutted for a lamp. Receiver was broken moving it around by seller. Nothing like original nickel. I'll clean it up later. A DRILLED LAMP......arrrggggh....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

At least it was the cup that was drilled instead of messing up the perch

Doug Rose

I cleaned it up and am more unhappy.  :'(  It is perfect. Why drill it!!!...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Just my opinion but I'd pull the lamp receptacle off and put a small black plastic hole cover in the opening. That would allow it to be displayed very nicely as a paper weight or even a phone on a top shelf where you can't see the hole instead of a ugly lamp, at least until you decided what to do with it.

You can get these at your local hardware store in the specialty parts and hardware aisle. A small black plug would be a great temporary improvement.

The destroyer of that stick certainly is/was a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Doug Rose

John...every phone room needs a lamp. I will replace a stick lamp I have that is not drilled and try to get it to work. Just a shame to see such a nice stick....ruined...Doug
Kidphone

mentalstampede

My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Owain

Quote from: TelePlay on May 20, 2017, 04:35:40 PM
Just my opinion but I'd pull the lamp receptacle off and put a small black plastic hole cover in the opening. That would allow it to be displayed very nicely as a paper weight or even a phone on a top shelf where you can't see the hole instead of a ugly lamp,

Put a neon into the black hole plug and you have a period message-waiting light :-)

Doug Rose

It is now a lamp in my phone room. It is Pristine. It was $25 so I am am extremely happy with it  8) No whatifs or couldifs...these are real words...Doug
Kidphone