News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FREE!! Cheap Red Bell Atlantic Phone

Started by Dave203, February 02, 2014, 09:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave203

Does anyone want this? It's a Bell Atlantic BA-3013 Red Phone. Something like a Trimline.
I connected it to my phone line and it didn't work. The line didn't ring or go off hook and I don't really care to open it up and figure out what's wrong. It was given to me in a box of other phone stuff that was headed for the trash unless I wanted it. So if anyone here wants it I'm sure we can work something out. Shipping should be cheap. Let me know

Matilo Telephones

Hi Dave. This is tempting, since I collect red telephones. But I live in Holland, so shipping would be absurd, probably. Can you give me a ballpark figure for the shipping costs?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Dave203

It is a nice slim phone and there is a small bell ringer inside and when I shake it I can hear "ting ting ting ting" so it's kinda cheap but nice at the same time. I'm guessing shipping outside the US may be as high as 20 or so. I don't know but I will try to find out. I'm guessing it shouldn't take more than 6 bucks to send it anywhere local. I'm even willing to chip in a few bucks just to see it go to a happy home but I don't want anyone to pay too much for it. I have so much other junk I need to play with and give away and this little red guy is still here buggin me.

Matilo Telephones

Thanks a lot. I had a think, but I´ll pass on it for now. Not sure that I can fix it. Spare parts for this Phone are not easily obtainable here.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Dave203

Good idea. That's is very true. And who knows maybe if it sits around here long enough I will open it up and see what's wrong with it  ;)

-Dave

LarryInMichigan

On those electronic phones, everything is on a PC board.  Much of the time, the problem will be a bad component on the board, and there is usually no way to figure out what is bad and no way to replace components without specialized tools.  Occasionally, the problem is something simple like a dirty switch contact or a loose connector.

Larry

Contempra

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 03, 2014, 10:47:32 PM
On those electronic phones, everything is on a PC board.  Much of the time, the problem will be a bad component on the board, and there is usually no way to figure out what is bad and no way to replace components without specialized tools.  Occasionally, the problem is something simple like a dirty switch contact or a loose connector.

Larry

You can measure the tension on all the pièces with a ohm-meter if you have the numbers on the shematic...or,if you take the tension ( current ) between a piece and another piece...

Sorry I can say  in English some words or sentences for explaining something in certain terms.....

FRENCH : Tu peux très bien mesurer la tension électrique qu'il y a à l'entrée du PCboard et entre chaque pièce du circuit avec un tensio-mètre ou et un Ohm-mètre..Et très souvent on trouve le problème ou la pièce défectueuse...Enfin, tu peux très certainement trouver s'il y a continuité du courant entre les pièces du PCBOARD.......ça je le sais pour avoir suivi un cours en électronique.... dommage par contre que  l'électronique change trop souvent....et donc, je ne suis pas à jour dans ce domaine mais cela reste le même principe

PS: David ( poplar1, tu peux traduire cela )....Merci mon ami :)

Dave203

This is also very true.  Hopefully it will be something easy like a bad capacitor .. I change a lot of these at my uncles electronics repair shop. But yea my offer still stands. The phone is free and I may even put in a few bucks just to get it out of here. I have so much more junk I'm thinking about giving away I hope not to spend too much time on this one.

Thanks for all the advice guys  :D

Contempra

Quote from: Dave203 on February 04, 2014, 11:42:02 AM
This is also very true.  Hopefully it will be something easy like a bad capacitor .. I change a lot of these at my uncles electronics repair shop. But yea my offer still stands. The phone is free and I may even put in a few bucks just to get it out of here. I have so much more junk I'm thinking about giving away I hope not to spend too much time on this one.

Thanks for all the advice guys  :D

If its free, shipping included, i'll take this phone Dave.