News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BIN refurbished beige 500

Started by Bill Cahill, December 29, 2008, 09:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Jhst  bought another phone on BIN.
5.99 plus 11.00 shipping!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dan warned me about it. NO, Dan. I won't turn this one over to you, either!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320328300345
Bill Cahill  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: Link dead 1-26-18

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

Methinks Bill's trying to corner the market. :P
= DARRIN =

McHeath

All is not right in this world, how am I supposed to sleep at night with you winning all these phones for fire sale prices?!

Bill Cahill

Quote from: McHeath on December 30, 2008, 01:09:10 AM
All is not right in this world, how am I supposed to sleep at night with you winning all these phones for fire sale prices?!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

;D ;D ;D Well, paid for both of my pruchases today....  ;D ;D ;D
Well, Dan, yer sol....  :D
Bill Cahill

Tony V

I dont ever recall seeing a beige 500 or even a white one for that matter. The ones i always see are black ones or avocado green. That was nice of Dan to give Bill the lead on this one. This was so cheap, Bill practically stole it. Nice phone!
-Tony

McHeath

Dan/Panther

I have a big lump on my forehead because of it....
My oldest matching 500 is 54.
D/P

Bill Cahill

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Don't knock yourself out, Dan....  :D
I'll like these toyz......  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bill Cahill

Dan/Panther

Quote from: McHeath on December 31, 2008, 12:56:11 AM
Bill's a lucky dawg!

McHeath;
You've got it half right, and he ain't lucky...
D/P

Bill Cahill

Oh, Danny boy, the phones, the phones are ringing....
Oh, Danny boy, I hear your mournful cry....
Oh, Danny boy, the phones, the phones are ringing...
Oh, Danny boy, your words just pass me by.....
:D
Bill Cahill

Bill Cahill

:'( Well, it came today. I'm dissappointed.
It's a 1970 phone upgraded in 1972.
It's cheaply built, the bells are steel, it's put together cheaply, and, it has a crack in the back of the case.
I'll be contacting the seller.
Bill Cahill                                       

rp2813

Yeah, unless a 500 has a black bottom, I generally pass it up as the innards won't likely date back far enough for me to be interested, and as in Bill's situation could have assembly and component issues.
Ralph

Bill Cahill

Well, the good news is I e mailed the seller, requesting a partial refund. He e mailed me back wanting to know what I thought would be fair. I replied that due to the nature of the crack, I thought 3.99 out of the original 5.99 price would be fair. He e mailed me back that he will be putting it back in my P P account tommorrow.  ;D I e mailed him back thanking him, and, saying that when I receive the monies, I will leave him high prais on ebay.
Bill Cahill