News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Attention Dennis;.

Started by Dan/Panther, March 07, 2009, 02:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

You mentioned in a thread that you found some foot rivets at a phone show awhile back. Can you post a photo of one.
I have a bench rivet press that has several die sets with it. I wonder if it's for that type rivet ? It's been laying around my shop for years and never had any use for it. That's why I don't throw anything away.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan, here is a "file photo" that I took some time ago.  I"ll take a new one with a measuring tape so show size.

Dennis Markham

Here they are.......

Dan/Panther

Have you run across anymore ?
Do you know if they are available anywhere?
D/P

AET

- Tom

bingster

I hadn't noticed that!  It's the year I was born.  Ahhhh... the summer of love. ;D
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

You're all just kids!  I turned 12 in 1967.  I guess I should have dug out one my real old dimes to take that photo.  I remember when the "sandwich" coins first came out in 1964.  Prior to that they were solid.  The Kennedy half dollars from 1964 were solid silver,  no copper sandwiched in between.  I'm sure there were other materials in there besides silver, but no copper.

With regard to the topic, I bought these at a phone show last April in Mason, MI.  The seller had more.  He sold them in little packets of 4 for a couple of bucks.  I'll be going there in a few weeks.  If I see more and you want me to get some let me know.  I only picked up 8 of them because I didn't know how I would crimp them down.  I happen to have a few new old stock feet (the larger rubber ones) and thought I'd put them on an old rusty base.

McHeath

How do you crimp them down?

Dennis Markham

You need a rivet press (which I don't have).  Dan/Panther apparently does have one and was wondering if his press would work on the rivets I have for the pads.

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
If he has therm at the show, could you pick up say 40 or so ?
Let me know I will send the money to you.
1967, the year I graduated from high school..... :o

D/P

AET

In 1967, my dad was 7, my mom was 2, and I wasn't born for another 23 years.
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Dan,

I'll file that request in my brain.  If I remember correctly, he didn't have that many when I saw him last year.  BUT, he may have more at home. I don't even remember who it was but I'll watch for them.  The show isn't that large.  I'll get what I can.