News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

not your average 302

Started by Kenny C, October 09, 2010, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

i am thrilled  ;D ;D ;D ;D i also got to sit in a 1955 Super 88 today at a car show
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on October 09, 2010, 08:42:59 PM
its a 1948 handset but as you said a F1 is acceptable

It makes me wonder if it may of had an E and then got upgraded with a cord and handset in 1948.

The F is proper so don't worry about.
"proper" dates are only a bonus.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

it has alot of differences compared to my 1952
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

kenny you are the son I never had! My sons think my phone collection is--geeky--although my oldest has a friend who loved my collection and I gave him a black 500 as a gift. His family loves the classic ring and he is now on the hunt for an orange SC500.

Great find!!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

easytiger

Kenny, I agree with Dennis...you dog, you.  Good eye and nice score!  Gotta love those vents.
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

Kenny C

Quote from: Dan on October 09, 2010, 09:07:49 PM
kenny you are the son I never had! My sons think my phone collection is--geeky--although my oldest has a friend who loved my collection and I gave him a black 500 as a gift. His family loves the classic ring and he is now on the hunt for an orange SC500.

Great find!!

They don't know what they are missing. I was expecting some ridiculous price.I saw a Kellogg wooden wall phone that had been painted BRASS for 175.00. It was behind a bunch of old irons. I saw the rubber cord pulled it out and when I felt those vents i felt like he could hear heart beating then when I saw the price I nearly flipped. I am very pleased.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
Don't you just love it when a plan falls together.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

My heart was beating just like yours when I found my medit. blue mushroom. I remember Dennis 'story about his medit blue 500 too. Good thing people can't see our hearts pounding under our chest. It is great to make a good poker face when completing the deal!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Doug Rose

Kenny...you have the find of the month. Outstanding!! It is a great phone. You done good....Doug
Kidphone

cchaven

My '37 302 has a network date of III 37 and a base date of 9/37, so yours is earlier than mine..but mine still has the short ears, small plungers, 4 rivets for the ringer, and vents, as well as the H-1 designation stamped on the outside of the case.  Since getting it, I replaced the F-1 handset with an E-1 dated mid '37 due to the F-1 being badly chipped, as well as replacing the 5H with a 4H dated III 37.  The ringer in mine was already replaced by one dated 3/46.  What does the capacitor and it's mounting bracket look like?

Great find though..and certainly not one you find often.  You have a lot less into yours than I do into mine!

LarryInMichigan

Wow, Kenny is starting to give Doug (Kidphone) some serious competition.  That is a very early 302 and quite valuable.  It beats my 1937 302 by 5 months.  Mine does not have the vents, but it does have the short cradle ears which are wider apart than the later sets.

Larry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dan on October 09, 2010, 09:22:01 PM
My heart was beating just like yours when I found my medit. blue mushroom. I remember Dennis 'story about his medit blue 500 too. Good thing people can't see our hearts pounding under our chest. It is great to make a good poker face when completing the deal!

I knew another guy that stopped at an antique store while on vacation. He couldn't find anything, so he used the restroom before he left.

Sitting on a table next to the sink was a blue plastic 302 marked $60.00. Yes, he bought it.
I saw it later at a show and it was perfect.
Jim
No Kenny, This one wasn't my find either.
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kidphone on October 09, 2010, 09:25:42 PM
Kenny...you have the find of the month. Outstanding!! It is a great phone. You done good....Doug

"Find of the Month"
That sounds like a good thread.
We all submit phones that we think might qualify.
On the 1st of the month we start voting on who made the "find" that month.
Winner gets the glory

Jim
You live, You learn,

Kenny C

i looked the phone over and on the network i found on the sides:
IND
101A

then on the other side is
II 37

the ringer is a B1A         
In memory of