News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone Selection Switch advice needed

Started by NorthernElectric, January 09, 2016, 01:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernElectric

My excerpt was from fig. 4 on page 5 of 502-541-419-i1-566FB-MB-MD-Tel-Sets-6040D-6041D-6040K-6041K-Keys.

Quote from: G-Man on January 10, 2016, 05:49:00 PM
What is the number of the BSP that you excerpted from? There were several different flavors in the 6040-series and you have shown only a very narrow view of it.
I am unable to match that specific schematic with those pertaining to the 6040 diagrams that I am looking at, but regardless, those are pickup keys and are not simultaneously connected.

Quote from: NorthernElectric on January 10, 2016, 10:18:37 AM

I found a schematic for the 6040 series on TCI.  Since I would be using something like this, in a sense, backwards and without a KSU it looks like the buttons operate as a single pole switch.  Given your comments on the possibility of noise, I think I will mock up the connections using a terminal block with jumper wires to simulate a single pole switch before I decide on a permanent setup.

Cliff

G-Man

The 6040K is wired for a very specialized application for use with a 755 PBX and is not used in the same manner that most of the others in the 6020, 6040 and 6050-series are. Consequently it is not applicable for your project. 

In any event, you now have several options to consider and are not bound to only one.

paul-f

Quote from: TelePlay on January 10, 2016, 10:38:15 AM
How about a bank of 4 DPST toggle switches letting you select 1, 2, 3, 4 or no phones and viewing the toggles will instantly tell you which phones are on line? Wide selection of toggle switches (bats) available that will easily handle the ring voltage.

Using a DPDT bank would give you one side to hook up a battery and red LED lamps to indicate which is off (red lit off line - red not lit on line).

A bank of toggle switches can be built into any of many enclosures or panel.

John, Your description reminded me of a project I built about 20 years ago -- in dial-up days.

We had two lines with two of us grabbing them randomly for computer or voice use. A trip to the local parts store produced this enclosure (photo) for six modular jacks. That allowed one for the two phone lines and 5 for devices which could be easily switched between line 1 or line 2. It could easily be used on a desk or wall mounted.

BTW, I had an AE50 on a large rectangular modular backplate successfull hanging on a standard modular wall plate for many years.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

Yes, I also mounted some AE 90's on modular backboards. A few years back I picked up a bunch of color change kits for them and offered it as an option when I sold them. I used plastic backboards meant for WE 554's, All it took was drilling one hole in the plastic backboard and a couple of self tapping screws.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"