News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell System Doorknob

Started by ....., November 12, 2020, 08:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I bought this Bell System doorknob to add to my Telephone collection. This will be my second one. The first one is from Bell Telephone Company of Canada. I checked on the Antique Doorknob Collectors of America website (P-200) and this one is not listed. It has some differences in the Bell compared to the other Bell System doorknobs displayed on that site.

This doorknob came from the Southwestern Bell building in downtown San Antonio TX, when the building was refurbished. This knob was original to the building that was completed in 1930's

RB

Very nice!
Thanks for sharing.

Doug Rose

excellent find Doug....it is much different than mine is. It looks pristine.

Compare: yours is the first pic, mine is the second ...other Doug
Kidphone

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 12, 2020, 09:05:25 AM
excellent find Doug....it is much different than mine is. It looks pristine.

Compare: yours is the first pic, mine is the second ...other Doug

I knew it was different when I checked the others displayed on the ADCA website. It wasn't listed. My Canadian one is number P-22321
https://www.antiquedoorknobs.us/p-200-symbolswordslogos.html

It wasn't this clean when I got it. It was sticky, so I decided to clean it. Who knows what was on it. Could have been a washroom doorknob for all I know. I soaked in hot water with Dawn dish soap and Oxiclean, then used a old toothbrush to clean it.

Decided to mount it on the same picture frame as my Bell Telephone Company of Canada doorknob.

FABphones

Quote from: Duffy on November 12, 2020, 06:57:49 PM
Decided to mount it on the same picture frame as my Bell Telephone Company of Canada doorknob.

That's a clever way to display those. You are a bit arty on the quiet.   :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

I ended up with another doorknob from the same person I bought the last one from on eBay. He had 2, it worked out better for me and I saved some money. As I didn't have to go though the eBay Global Shipping.