News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Heibel FeTAp 611-2

Started by LM Ericsson, February 22, 2016, 09:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

I recently received this orange 1976 FeTAp 611-2 from etsy. This one happens to be my earliest FeTAp and the dirtiest. It is full of dirt, scratches, and scuffs. The only component that was replaced on this phone is the network which was made in 1981 made by Hagenuk. The handset cord is going to need to be reshaped but overall in good condition. I am really liking these phones because it is interesting to see how many different rotary dials this particular phone model could have depending on the manufacturer. The dial on this phone is quite interesting because it reminds me of the dials normally found on the W48 which is a slip type dial like the automatic electric dials which have the mechanism that catches on the gear teeth during wind down, but this one has an extra gear which gives it a smoother feel when releasing the dial.
Regards,
-Grayson

unbeldi

1976 seems pretty late to me, although the colored version (other than gray/ivory) came out only in ca 1972 or so.
It doesn't seem so bad, surely a little bit of cleaning, perhaps some wet sanding and repolishing would take the dings out of the shell.  Next to orange, I like the red version of these, called lachsrot.

LM Ericsson

I meant that this is the earliest FeTAp I have in my collection, but I hope to get one from a much earlier year someday.
Regards,
-Grayson

Matilo Telephones

Very nice one, Grayson

This colour orange is really funky 70s at its best. :-)

If you like early FeTAp 61s, you may also want to look into the SEL/BTMC Assistent. That is after all the ancestor of the FeTAp 61 and many other telephones.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones