News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray-Western 174G PayStation Company Phone

Started by MagicMo, April 21, 2013, 12:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Man

Your father was incredible, he knew exactly what to collect!!

BELL SYSTEM PRACTICES                                                  SECTION C42.143
Station Installation and Maintenance                                  Issue 1, September, 1952
                                                                                       AT&T Co Standard

COIN COLLECTORS
CONVERSIONS 191G TO D-179432
AND 195G TO D-179433
[/b]http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/3536-c42-143-i1-coin-collectors-conversions

MagicMo

Here is some pictures of the 195G.
Most of the dates are from the 60's.Not sure how to decipher this one.
If you have any knowledge regarding this please post.
Thanks,
Mo

PS. Inside where the coin box looks like the date of: III-52
Practice Kindness :)

MagicMo

I also found this vault door. Not sure if it belongs to this one?
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

Greg G.

Quote from: kleenax on April 23, 2013, 12:11:38 PM
...And one last thing; the coin chute within is CRAMMED with coins; empty it out!

Regards,

Ray Kotke (aka - Kleenax)

I'm anxious to see those coins, I'll bet they're collectible by themselves!  I'm picturing some pre-1964 coins or better.      
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

kleenax

Quote from: MagicMo on May 06, 2013, 11:18:06 PM
Thanks Ray,
I'm sure I will come across the right one here.

I found a 195G Payphone. Do you know anything about that particular phone?
Thanks
Mo 

Uh-oh;

Are you setting me up?  Remember what happened the last time I told you about payphones! :o  ;D
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

MMikeJBenN27

It probably is 1929, updated in the early 50s, as post war payphones had that pivoting coin return bucket and didn't say "Grey Pay Station".  You have a prized item!  Please, don't "upgrade" it or throw any of the internals away!

Mike

Payphone installer

195 is a post pay it never had a relay. Switch hook pileup is original fiber terminal is from a 233G. It is restorable but you are missing parts. parts. Black vault doors are rare also.

MMikeJBenN27

This is a 1929, but has been refurbished and upgraded to use a handset.  Originally, it had a separate transmitter attached to the front, where the square instruction card later was, and the receiver was just that, a receiver.

Mike

FABphones

Quote...Please, don't "upgrade" it or throw any of the internals away!

Interesting topic, but as the thread is more than nine years old the phone has likely since found a new home.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

poplar1

Quote from: Payphone installer on December 25, 2022, 08:08:53 PM195 is a post pay it never had a relay. Switch hook pileup is original fiber terminal is from a 233G. It is restorable but you are missing parts. parts. Black vault doors are rare also.

I thought 191G, 195G, and 197G were all prepay.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Stan S

Poplar
A 195G is indeed prepay.
The picture of the payphone in this thread has been upgraded (destroyed). The only indication left of that payphone ever being a 195G is orange ink.