News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Public Telephone Co., Shaver Style "G" - Dolphin

Started by Greg G., December 03, 2014, 02:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I don't know about "beautiful", the design looks awkward to me, but certainly unusual.

http://tinyurl.com/lafbvth

QuoteMost Shaver Style G Dolphin base desk instruments were wired for two or more connections, up to 50, and adapted for general inter-communication between connected station using a push button buzzer call. However, this model had no other extensions tied to it, therefore it had no buzzer on the back. The scan is from an original image of the 1899 Public Telephone Company catalog listing the Shaver Style "G" Desk Instrument for $10.00. Extremely rare telephone and one of the most beautiful and unusual designs of all. The watchcase receiver hangs on a hook in the back. Size 11 - 1/2" T.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WEBellSystemChristian

Dolphin styling?!? It looks more like a fat Swan to me! ;D

If anything, it certainly looks very early. It wouldn't fit into my collection very well, though...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Sargeguy

I did not realize Dr. Seuss had designed any telephones!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Greg G.

Quote from: Fabius on December 03, 2014, 06:01:05 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on December 03, 2014, 02:27:13 PM

http://tinyurl.com/lafbvth

I clicked on the link and I was amazed at the telephones being sold.

I noticed that too.  Somebody's collection must have went up for sale.  I often visit this site, and usually the selection of telephones isn't anywhere near this level.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

wds

We talked about this auction a couple months ago.  Great buying opportunity.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=7844.msg133120#msg133120
Dave

Greg G.

There's a few other phones besides the sticks that are a different auction house. 
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Someone thought it was beautiful enough to pay $6500.00 for it.
- Mike Row
e

wds

How did you go back and find the sale price for that phone?  I'm trying to find out what the other phones sold for and I can't find it.
Dave

Greg G.

Quote from: wds on December 07, 2014, 03:18:19 PM
How did you go back and find the sale price for that phone?  I'm trying to find out what the other phones sold for and I can't find it.

I had it on my watch list on Proxibid.  I went back and tried to do a key word search w/o signing in, it won't come up.  Even after I signed in it wouldn't find it, my guess is because it's sold.  I could only see it when I went to my watch list. 
- Mike Row
e

wds

Dave