"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Greetings from NW Washington.

Started by N7LTH, January 06, 2014, 10:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N7LTH

Howdy-

Just thought I would introduce myself. I've been interested in phones ever since I was about 12 or so, back when A.B. Strowger was an infant...

Grew up in what is now Shoreline, Washington; I currently live in Lynden which is about 100 miles north.

For starters, I have an AE desk phone, two ITT 500-style desk units, a Northern Telecom NOS outdoor dial phone, a WE 5302 w/#5M dial, and a three-slot GTE coin phone I bought at a GTE surplus sale way-back-when (c. 1982).

Yes, I am a ham although I'm not too active any more.

Anyway, not much else to say. Lots of great info on this site, and I do hope I can contribute as well.
You know you have either phonitis or phonosis when your favorite film is "Dial Comes to Town".

HarrySmith

Hi and welcome to the forum. It appears it is too late for my usual warning about Phonitis, it looks like you are already well progressed in the disease. You have found the best forum on the net and the best bunch of people to ever turn a dial ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

We will definitely like your knollage on this forum, as well as possibly seeing some of your collection.

Ben

Contempra

@N7LTH ...Welcome to th forum.. If you ahve some questions about the telephone, don't be shy.. :)

DavePEI

Welcome to the Forum from another Ham, VY2AC! Lots of us on the Forum!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Hey Dave,

I looked up what, VY2AC ment. And I got this website, I'd think there are not too many ham operators on the island, is this you? Link: http://www.islandregister.com/phones/teletype/index.html

Ben

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Gilas

Welcome to my fellow Washingtonian! 

Phonesrfun

Welcome N7LTH, from Southwest Washington (Walla Walla) and I am KD7PTG.  We do an annual phone show in Seattle, and I need to get that scheduled for this year.  Welcome to the forum.  There are several hams here.
-Bill G

dsk

N7LTH

Wow. Thank you for the warm welcome, y'all!!!!!

Now to figure out why modern CO's do NOT like my AE desk phone (worked fine on a No. 1 XB many years ago)... might be something as simple as a bad capacitor, who knows...
You know you have either phonitis or phonosis when your favorite film is "Dial Comes to Town".

Greg G.

Welcome from another NW'r very near your home town, Lake Forest Park.  Lynden eh?  I like your chickens, I eat them all the time!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

N7LTH

I grew up right between Lake City, North City and Lake Forest Park- just a block south of Shorecrest High School! In fact, I still have the same dentist since 1975 and he's in the LFP mall... small world!!

And that photo is WAY cool!!! It DOES remind me not to use fowl language on the phone :)

Matilo Telephones

Welcome N7LTH!

Although I love it very much, I am not a ham. I do however seem to have severe phonitis.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Contempra

N7LTH.... lots of fun here ... you'll see..sometimes some members make some jokes or are serious ( too) :D but here we are a cool familly with different skills Since certain Member have qualification on other domain like radio etc...:D....