News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Trimline itt equivalent issues

Started by bdoss2006, February 04, 2023, 04:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdoss2006

I have an itt trimline equivalent (sorry I can't remember the itt name) and I put a new cord on it and cleaned the dial. It will not do anything, it won't even come off the hook. I think it was working some before but it won't now. I guess it stopped after I cleaned the dial. There is a wire from the dial that is broke, I tried to hold it back where it should go and it still won't work. Could that be the cause of it?

MMikeJBenN27

You said that it worked "some" before you cleaned the dial, so it probably is the reason.  It was probably almost completely broken before, that's why it only worked "some".  If the spade tip broke off, you can crimp a new one on.  First, strip the insulation back about 1/4 of an inch and fold the bare wire over, then crimp the new spade tip on.  If if broke somewhere in the middle, then you will have to splice the ends back together, maybe even splice some new wire if it will be too short.

Mike

bdoss2006

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on February 04, 2023, 04:57:07 PM...If the spade tip broke off, you can crimp a new one on...

Mike
well this one is soldered instead of a spade tip. Could a broken dial wire make it no do anything though? I am not 100% sure it worked before. I haven't messed with it in a few months.

bdoss2006

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on February 04, 2023, 04:57:07 PM...if broke somewhere in the middle, then you will have to splice the ends back together, maybe even splice some new wire if it will be too short.

well I fixed the wires and it didn't help.

Kellogg Kitt

Quote from: bdoss2006 on February 04, 2023, 04:18:37 PMitt trimline equivalent (sorry I can't remember the itt name)

ITT's name for it was "Trendline."  Stromberg-Carlson's name was "Slenderet."

Wade

G-Man

Perhaps you could tell us a bit more about your Trendline.

Does your instrument have a rotary (200, 254) or Tel-Touch (2200, 2254) dial?

If it is a rotary dial set, the dial should have two white wires that should be relatively simple to connect. Hopefully the fragile flexprint wasn't damaged while removing the dial.Also, I have included two jpegs; one to id which set you have and the other showing the wiring diagram for a rotary dial set. However, if you have a Tel-Touch set instead, I'll provide that diagram as well.

G-Man

Here is another jpeg of the assembly of a rotary Trendline. Note the white wires for connecting the dial to the flexprint.

bdoss2006

Quote from: G-Man on February 05, 2023, 06:40:16 PMHere is another jpeg of the assembly of a rotary Trendline. Note the white wires for connecting the dial to the flexprint.

thanks for this, where do you get pictures like that? I finally got it. I found another break farther down and fixed it then it had a few breaks towards the speaker. I made a terrible mess trying to solder it but I finally got it, thanks!