News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Just scored a gorgeous NOS NE233QF

Started by mentalstampede, August 21, 2019, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalstampede

Check out this beautiful 233QF I acquired this week. It was advertised as new/never in service and it sure looks the part. It even included both keys to the vault, although one is bent and damaged to where it would be risky to try to use it and a shiny new coin can. The dates on the phone and can are '71. I haven't been able to get into the upper yet since I don't yet have a 21B key, but I've got high hopes the guts look as good as the rest of it. The instruction card was not included, it's just one I happened to have handy to dress it up for photos.

Anyone have a beige NE685A they're willing to part with?
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Key2871

KEN

mentalstampede

Got inside it. Someone's tied the relay, but other than that it's as beautiful as I'd hoped!

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Key2871

Yea tieing a relay to collect is nothing new. But that does look real nice, did you find a key for it?
They are out there, I'd get two.
KEN

mentalstampede

Yeah, got an original 21B. Didn't wanna risk using a brass repro with the way that particular key is cut. I can't get over how immaculately preserved this thing is though. Definitely one of my best finds. No pitting to any of the chrome, all the dates match, and every component looks like new inside and out. It's Incredible.

Key2871

I had one just like it, I got a couple repop keys they worked fine. Mine wasn't in pristine condition like yours, but after time and a few added things it was nice.
Well enjoy your beauty, now you need a sub set to get it working. Then that will be very nice.
KEN