News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Teleconcepts Diamond

Started by TransparentTrimline, February 28, 2024, 11:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TransparentTrimline

Recently found this Teleconcepts Diamond at an antique store. I got pretty sick, so I haven't been searching for old phones as much. But I knew as soon as I saw the clear lucite I needed to take this one home. Its ringer isn't ringing, but it will be an easy fix.

--Shane
Look mom, this one has wires!

ka1axy

Nice find!
Looks like more of a "rhomboid prism", but then, I'm married to a Math teacher...

paul-f

Quote from: TransparentTrimline on February 28, 2024, 11:34:49 PMRecently found this Teleconcepts Diamond at an antique store. I got pretty sick, so I haven't been searching for old phones as much. But I knew as soon as I saw the clear lucite I needed to take this one home. Its ringer isn't ringing, but it will be an easy fix.

Great find, Shane.

I hope your chronic phonintis proved therapeutic, and gave you an emotional boost to help fight off your other health issues. (I know it works for me.)

The marketers at Teleconcepts probably liked "diamond" more than "rhomboid prism" for their brochures. It does look like a diamond from the side.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

TransparentTrimline

Quote from: paul-f on February 29, 2024, 09:36:58 AMI hope your chronic phonintis proved therapeutic, and gave you an emotional boost to help fight off your other health issues. (I know it works for me.)

The chronic phonetic is quite therapeutic, although lately I've also been playing around with old cameras, and toting my mom's Yashica Electro 35 from 1984 around has been very therapeutic as well.

Also I don't know what I'd do without your website, it was so useful in figuring out what this phone was.
Look mom, this one has wires!

paul-f

Old cameras are good. My grandfather was a professional photographer, so dad was raised in the business. Dad went on to a career with Eastman Kodak (before digital wiped out the chemical processes). He had a full darkroom at home, and had me in classes at Kodak Park starting in my teens. The family still enjoys a few of the cameras they amassed.

For reference, the TC Diamond can be seen along with other Teleconcepts sets here:
http://www.paul-f.com/Teleconcepts.html#Diamond
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line